Imperial Valley News
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 18:35
- Written by Consumer Reports
Egg sandwiches that are tasty and nutritious are hard to come by in most fast-food chains. Consumer Reports tried egg sandwiches from Burger King, Dunkin’ Donuts, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and Subway - and deemed Subway’s Egg White and Cheese on Mornin’ Flatbread most tasty.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 18:27
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - An extraordinary outburst produced by a black hole in a nearby galaxy has provided direct evidence for a population of old, volatile stellar black holes. The discovery, made by astronomers using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, provides new insight into the nature of a mysterious class of black holes that can produce as much energy in X-rays as a million suns radiate at all wavelengths.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 18:24
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - President Obama met with Prime Minister Noda in Washington, D.C., on April 30, 2012. In addition to releasing the “U.S.-Japan Joint Statement: A Shared Vision for the Future,” the two leaders announced the following cooperative initiatives, which are aimed at strengthening and expanding the U.S.-Japan relationship in the areas of security cooperation, economic partnership, and cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 18:19
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Calexico, California - Congressman Bob Filner will hold the 2012 Congressional Art Competition Awards Ceremony and Reception at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 1, 2012. KYMA reporter Rachel Elzufon will emcee the event.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 10:04
- Written by FBI
Los Angeles, California - Ira Isaacs, 60, was found guilty Friday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on one count of engaging in the business of producing and selling obscene videos and four counts of distributing obscene videos, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division, U.S. Attorney André Birotte, Jr. of the Central District of California, Assistant Director in Charge Steve Martinez of the FBI’s Los Angeles Field Office, and Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 09:29
- Written by CDPH
Sacramento, California - The annual quarantine of all sport-harvested mussel species along the California coast begins May 1, 2012, announced Dr. Ron Chapman, director of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and state health officer. This quarantine applies to all species of mussels harvested along the California coast, as well as all bays and estuaries.
- Created on Monday, 30 April 2012 09:04
- Written by Border Scope
Calexico, California - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Calexico ports of entry stopped more than $350,000 worth of methamphetamine from entering the U.S. on Wednesday.
- Amazing, Cheap Products Named
- ShopSmart Uncovers the Best Sale and Clearance Sections Online
- Getting The Most From Your Workout Top To Bottom
- Hungry Pests Threaten U.S. Agriculture
- Extra Tax Savings For Parents
- Stay Ahead of Your Health with Free Annual Wellness Visits
- Suggestions for More Fun In the Sun
- Combating Global Disease with a cell phone, Google Maps and a lot of Ingenuity
- How Stem Cell Therapy Can Keep the Immune System Under Control
- Helping our Veterans and Servicemembers Make Informed Decisions about Higher Education