Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 19:43
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - Since early March, the United States has taken action, both bilaterally and through NATO, to reassure allies of our solemn commitment to their security and territorial integrity as members of the NATO Alliance. A persistent U.S. air, land, and sea presence in the region, especially in Central and Eastern Europe, is a necessary and appropriate show of support to allies who have contributed robustly and bravely to Alliance operations in Afghanistan and elsewhere and who are now deeply concerned by Russia’s occupation and attempted annexation of Crimea and other provocative actions in Ukraine.
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 19:38
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - On Wednesday, June 4, Harvard-based historian Rowena He will speak on the events of the 1989 Tiananmen Movement and her new book Tiananmen Exiles: Voices of the Struggle for Democracy in China.
Researchers shut down a SARS cloaking system; findings could pave the way to vaccines for SARS virus, MERS
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 14:16
- Written by Elizabeth K. Gardner
West Lafayette, Indiana - A Purdue University-led research team has figured out how to disable a part of the SARS virus responsible for hiding it from the immune system; a critical step in developing a vaccine against the deadly disease.
FTC Issues Summary of Its 2013 Financial Acts Enforcement and Related Research and Consumer Education
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 13:55
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Federal Trade Commission has issued its summaries of FTC enforcement and related activities during annual year 2013 regarding the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Consumer Leasing Act (CLA), and Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA); and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA). The Commission has submitted the summaries to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), at its request, so that it may include the FTC’s efforts in the CFPB’s annual report to Congress, which is required under the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 13:51
- Written by Susan Phillips - California Grown blog
Sacramento, California - Triple Crown hopeful California Chrome is the ultimate California Grown ambassador. Born and raised in the heart of California’s Central Valley at Harris Ranch, California Chrome’s humble beginning and storied rise to fame are what America is all about. We live for stories like this. It helps us keep our own dreams alive.
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 13:13
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Today, the United States and Tunisia signed a loan guarantee agreement which will allow Tunisia to access up to $500 million in affordable financing from international capital markets. The loan guarantee underscores the United States’ commitment to the people of Tunisia and their democratic transition. The loan guarantee agreement is designed to support Tunisia as it pursues important reforms that will provide the foundation for economic growth and prosperity.
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 11:50
- Written by Chris Neary
Ames, Iowa - An Iowa State University professor and graduate student developed a research partnership with a student from a top U.S. high school.
- Created on Tuesday, 03 June 2014 11:45
- Written by Keith Robinson
West Lafayette, Indiana - Purdue University is receiving a $10 million grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to develop a program that will put the crop-saving PICS bags into the hands of more farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa countries to improve their food security and income.
- HIT Entertainment Brings Fireman Sam® Franchise to Amazon.com Exclusivel
- Justice Department to Monitor Elections in California and New Mexico
- U.S. Leads Multi-National Action Against “Gameover Zeus” Botnet and “Cryptolocker” Ransomware, Charges Botnet Administrator
- Secretary Johnson Statement on Increased Influx of Unaccompanied Immigrant Children at the Border
- NASA's 'Flying Saucer' Readies for First Test Flight
- U.S. Department of Education Releases Guidance to Improve Educational Outcomes of Children and Youth in Foster Care
- First Lady, Sailors Celebrate PCU Illinois' Keel Laying
- Youth Soccer Coaches from Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, and Yemen Visit United States Ahead of the World Cup
- Winners of the 2013 Human Rights Awards
- Purdue to host third Borlaug institute on global food security