Imperial Valley News
Health care savings: Having doctors display commitment to reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescriptions
- Created on Sunday, 02 February 2014 16:03
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - Inappropriate antibiotic prescriptions are a major public health concern, costing millions of dollars in unnecessary health care costs annually and contributing to the problem of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Still, despite widely accepted prescription guidelines, physicians continue to prescribe antibiotics for colds even when they won’t help.
- Created on Sunday, 02 February 2014 15:59
- Written by USC
Los Angeles, California - The genetics of personalized dieting: Some day soon, genetic testing could identify what diet each individual should consume for a longer, healthier life.
- Created on Sunday, 02 February 2014 15:55
- Written by Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group
Gulf of Oman - Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (HST CSG) and French Navy Task Force 473 concluded five weeks of combined carrier strike group operations in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR).
- Created on Saturday, 01 February 2014 15:52
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - House of Smoke, Inc., a Fort Lupton, Colorado establishment, is recalling approximately 144,000 pounds of meat and poultry products (including bratwurst / brotwurst, fully cooked sausage-type products, and raw fresh products) because of an undeclared allergen and misbranding, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
- Created on Saturday, 01 February 2014 15:49
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today issued a proclamation declaring February 2014, as Black History Month in the State of California.
Remarks on the Release of the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone Pipeline
- Created on Saturday, 01 February 2014 15:39
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Remarks on the Release of the Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Keystone Pipeline:
- Created on Saturday, 01 February 2014 15:35
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, the President discussed the goals he laid out in the State of the Union address to expand opportunity for all so that every American can get ahead and have a shot at creating a better life for their kids.
- Created on Saturday, 01 February 2014 10:27
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - There is good news for veterans. A successful franchise operation believes the skills that military veterans gained during service have prepared them to be successful franchise business owners. Because of this, the company, Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), has created an opportunity that makes it easier for veterans to own a franchise.
- The Light Side Of Hydrating
- Up Close & Personal With U.S. Olympic Snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler
- Take Kids Snacking Into The Wild With Mangos
- Valentine's Day Pop Quiz
- CBP Teams up to Secure Super Bowl XLVIII
- U.S. Border Patrol Agents Arrest Two on I-8 with Drugs and Cash
- Father and son indicted for allegedly operating a $2 million synthetic marijuana mail-order business
- Stanford Hosts NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts Symposium
- Assemblymember Manuel Pérez Statement on Announced Closure of National Beef Plant in Brawley
- Congressman Vargas’ Hazel’s Law Gains Support During