Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:46
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Hollywood, California - When long-term Congressman Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) commits a major public gaffe before an upcoming election, a pair of unscrupulous power brokers plots to put up a rival candidate and gain influence over their North Carolina district. Their man: naïve Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis), director of the local Tourism Center.
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:43
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - I had a chance to visit the California State Fair this week and, as the fair nears the end of another successful run at Cal Expo, I thought I would take a moment to share my thoughts about its meaning and the various ways it and other fairs connect to our everyday lives.
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:37
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns announced the creation of Networks of Diasporas in Engineering and Science, or NODES, at an event organized by the Office of the Science and Technology Adviser to the Secretary of State (STAS). At the same event, Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs Tara Sonenshine launched the Science, Technology and Innovation Expert Partnership.
Justice Department Reaches $12 Million Settlement to Resolve Violations of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act by Capital One
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:30
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Capital One N.A. and Capital One Bank (USA) N.A. (together Capital One), have agreed to pay approximately $12 million to resolve a lawsuit by the Department of Justice alleging the companies violated the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), the Justice Department announced today.
Obama Administration Announces Ground-breaking Public-private Partnership to Prevent Health Care Fraud
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:25
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Attorney General Eric Holder and Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius today announced the launch of a ground-breaking partnership among the federal government, state officials, several leading private health insurance organizations, and other health care anti-fraud groups to prevent health care fraud.
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:21
- Written by DEA
Washington, DC - More than 90 individuals were arrested and more than five million packets of finished designer synthetic drugs were seized in the first-ever nationwide law enforcement action against the synthetic designer drug industry responsible for the production and sale of synthetic drugs that are often marketed as bath salts, Spice, incense, or plant food. More than $36 million in cash was also seized.
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 15:14
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - Yesterday, President Obama addressed the National Urban League and discussed his Administration’s work strengthening our communities by investing in manufacturers and small businesses, cutting taxes for middle-class families, reforming education by raising standards, and ensuring millions more Americans have access to quality, affordable health care.
- Created on Thursday, 26 July 2012 11:36
- Written by Green Liver
Alpine, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today dedicated the Sunrise Powerlink transmission line in San Diego County, which will deliver millions of kilowatt hours of renewable energy, strengthen grid reliability during hot summer months and help California meet its renewable energy goals.
- San Diego Chargers FanFest
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- Rewriting history by altering Penn State record is risky
- U.S. Department of State's DanceMotion USA(SM) Announces 2013 Program
- Movie violence plays a role in real life
- Solar panels and onion power show the way to Ag energy self-sufficiency
- America's Social Workers Join Dr. Jill Biden to Support Veterans and Military Families
- Three Persons Plead Guilty in Child Sexual Exploitation and Interstate Prostitution Case
- California Man Sentenced to 18 Months in Prison for Prostitution-Related Charges
- Go Back to School With the Best in Tech