- Created on Saturday, 18 January 2014 10:25
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - There’s good news for online shoppers who want more security when shopping at an unfamiliar website.
By taking a few practical steps, it’s possible to have a shopping experience that is safer and more satisfying.
Here are a few tips to help determine if a company can be considered a trusted Internet shopping source:
• Ask family and friends if anyone has shopped from the store. Post similar questions on any social networks you belong to.
• Look for a clearly stated return policy, refund policy, warranty or guarantee before shopping.
• Also, see if the site supports “SSL” or Secure Checkout. The site should show a locked icon in your browser when you check out.
• Stores that accept credit cards are typically more reliable than ones that only accept PayPal.
For additional tips, visit www.buyvia.com/how-to-find-safe-online-stores.