- Created on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 13:14
- Written by IVN
Torrance, California - Cal OES Chief Deputy Director Mike Dayton and Mark Cooper, Senior Director of Global Emergency Management, Walmart will join representatives from other partner agencies at an "open-public" event sponsored by the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES), Walmart and its partner agencies to educate individuals, families and persons with disabilities and others with access and functional needs about emergency preparedness and protective measures during an earthquake.
Nearly 300 Walmart stores are participating in the Great ShakeOut drill including stores in California, Hawaii and Alaska.
- 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Thursday, October 17, 2013 at Walmart 19503 Normandie Ave. Torrance, CA 95655
Cal OES, Walmart, American Red Cross, Ready America, LA County Community and Senior Services, LA County CEO Office of Emergency Management, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and other emergency organizations
- Cal OES Type-1 - Fire Engine
- LA County Animal Care and Control - Mobile vehicles to provide demonstrations on various pet preparedness issues
- LA County Community and Senior Services - Adult Protective Services Information and Assistance Van
- LA County Emergency Response Vehicle
Ready America - Giveaways: 50 Preparedness Kits and providing demonstrations with individuals on how to use.
Walmart Health and Wellness Team will offer free blood pressure screenings