Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 19:51
- Written by Lesley Fair - FTC
Washington, DC - Call them contrepreneurs - marketers who use hyped-up promises to sell business opportunities to people eager to be their own boss. As part of a federal-state blitz on bogus bizopps, the FTC announced seven law enforcement actions and developments in five other cases against outfits the agency says used illegal tactics to take more than half a billion dollars from two million Americans trying to make ends meet.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:14
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - While being laid off or “downsized” can be a traumatic time for anyone, especially in a tight job market, it could also be an opportunity to change your career direction. One popular alternative is to start your own business. After all, how many of us dream of “being our own boss” and controlling our own destiny?
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:10
- Written by napsi
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - The numbers are staggering: Women make up 1.8 million veterans. The average age of women veterans is 48 years, compared to 63 years for their male counterparts, and their issues and needs are very different, something that is oftentimes going unnoticed.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:09
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - Every year, approximately 650,000 people in the United States undergo chemotherapy.Although everyone reacts differently, people can sometimes feel confused, anxious and overwhelmed. Many people also have preconceived notions about cancer and its treatment that sometimes aren’t true.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 21:00
- Written by Border Scope
Los Angeles, California - U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at the Los Angeles/Long Beach (LA/LB) seaport in collaboration with the Los Angeles Border Enforcement Security Team (LA BEST) and the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) recovered and seized 359 stolen copper ingots, each worth $3,488 for an estimated total domestic value of $1.25 million.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 20:32
- Written by IVN
San Francisco, California - NASA and the American Geophysical Union are inviting social media followers to a unique behind-the-scenes NASA Social on Tuesday, December 4, in San Francisco. The event will bring 20 social media users together with some of the world's best and brightest scientific minds at the world's largest Earth and solar system science conference.
- Energy Commission Awards $1.5 Million for Energy Research
- Treasury Announces Members for New Financial Research Advisory Committee
- Disparities in breast cancer continue among U.S. women
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- Petaluma FFA wins national title, provides great example of potential of youth
- Marketers Behind Fake News Sites Settle FTC Charges of Deceptive Advertising
- U.S. Announces Additional Humanitarian Assistance for the Syrian Crisis
- Little Lip Prints ~ Humor
- International Counterfeit Goods Trafficking Scheme Arrest
- Former Law Firm Partner Convicted of Obstructing SEC Investigation