Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 10 June 2014 18:05
- Written by Amy Patterson Neubert
West Lafayette, Indiana - Adaptive tools, laboratory redesigns and research internship program suggestions for students with disabilities are just some of the resources available in a new booklet to encourage greater inclusion of college students with disabilities in science, technology, engineering and mathematic fields.
- Created on Tuesday, 10 June 2014 17:49
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The United States is deeply concerned about the events that have transpired in Mosul over the last 48 hours where elements of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISIL) have taken over significant parts of the city. The situation remains extremely serious.
- Created on Tuesday, 10 June 2014 17:38
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - A Pennsylvania-based home builder that offers home financing has settled Federal Trade Commission charges that it deceived consumers by advertising low-cost mortgages while hiding fees and not disclosing vital information about the true cost of the mortgages. “These defendants tricked consumers into believing they’d found an affordable mortgage with very favorable terms,” said Jessica Rich, Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “The FTC is committed to holding mortgage advertisers accountable.”
Attorney General Kamala D. Harris Announces Arrest of Two Sisters Running San Francisco Sex Trafficking Ring
- Created on Monday, 09 June 2014 18:34
- Written by IVN
San Francisco, California - Attorney General Kamala D. Harris today announced the arrest of two women accused of operating a sex trafficking ring in San Francisco. The arrests are the result of a five-month joint investigation by the California Attorney General’s Office, the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).
- Created on Monday, 09 June 2014 18:29
- Written by California Research Bureau
Sacramento, California - Older Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) people in the United States often have similar concerns about aging as do their straight peers. Concerns about their health, potential income, housing insecurity, and increasing social isolation due to the loss of friends and family affect them as they get older. However, in addition to these commonly shared issues, older LGBT adults may also face other challenges.
- Created on Monday, 09 June 2014 17:59
- Written by FBI
McAllen, Texas - Elva Navarro, 37, of Hidalgo, has entered a guilty plea to violating the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act as her federal trial was about to being today, announced United States Attorney Kenneth Magidson.
- Created on Monday, 09 June 2014 17:33
- Written by IVN
Anchorage, Alaska - The first "point of view" video from a polar bear on Arctic sea ice has just become available courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey. Scientists applied video camera collars to four female polar bears on the sea ice north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska this past April and are releasing the first clips of footage that provide unique insight into the daily lives of the bears.
- Created on Monday, 09 June 2014 17:09
- Written by ICE
Baltimore, Maryland - A 53-year-old Nigerian citizen illegally residing in Laurel was sentenced Monday to 21 months in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release, for conspiring to commit interstate transportation of stolen vehicles. The sentence follows an investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Baltimore and the Prince George's County Police Department Vehicle Enforcement Unit.
- USDA Releases State by State Impacts of Limited Wildfire Suppression in Recent Years
- Obama Administration Announces Additional Support to Help Communities Boost Local Food Economies
- Karachi Airport Attack and Balochistan Shia Attack
- Department of State Leads U.S. Delegation to WSIS +10 High Level Event
- Supporting Western Governors As They Deal with Wildfire, Drought, and Other Climate Impacts
- President Obama’s Meeting with Nurses on Commonsense Immigration Reform
- Making Student Loans More Affordable
- U.S. - Japan Extended Deterrence Dialogue
- Where did I put those keys?
- Tenaska Imperial South Awards $8,000 in College Scholarships