Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 23 October 2014 10:42
- Written by CDFA
Washington, DC - The USDA has launched a Climate Hubs web site. The new site provides a portal for farmers, ranchers, forest landowners, and others to find useful, practical information to help cope with the challenges and stressors caused by a changing climate. The site provides resources related to drought, fire risks, pests and diseases, climate variability, and heat stress, and links users to the network of USDA conservation programs and resources that provide producers with technical and financial assistance to manage risks.
- Created on Thursday, 23 October 2014 10:41
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - A quick quiz: If you could be a student anywhere in the nation during National School Lunch Week, which state would you choose? Easy answer, right? California! Students across the nation celebrated this annual observance last week, October 12-18, and of course the California kids had the best spread to choose from. But then, we’re allowed to be a bit biased about things like that at CDFA – in fact, we’re proud of it.
- Created on Thursday, 23 October 2014 10:38
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg
Washington, DC - Food Day, founded by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, is October 24th. Their goal is to help inspire Americans to change their food choices and convince businesses, schools, farms, and policy makers to implement healthier, more sustainable food policies.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 23:49
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Torlakson today named five outstanding educators as the 2015 California Teachers of the Year, one of whom he nominated as California's National Teacher of the Year.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 23:45
- Written by CDPH
Sacramento, California - The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has established an Ebola hotline call center to respond to public inquiries related to Ebola it was announced today by Dr. Ron Chapman, CDPH director and state health officer.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 23:23
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Four former security guards for Blackwater USA were found guilty today of charges stemming from the September 16, 2007, shooting at Nisur Square in Baghdad, Iraq, that resulted in the killing of 14 unarmed civilians and the wounding of numerous others.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 23:21
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - An order of permanent injunction against The Zaken Corp. of Thousand Oaks, California, and company president Tiran Zaken, of Calabasas, California, was entered today by U.S. District Court Judge Dean D. Pregerson, finding that they made false and misleading statements in marketing work-at-home business opportunities and promising commissions to consumers, the Justice Department announced.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 October 2014 23:11
- Written by ICE
Washington, DC - Four separate investigations by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) led to the seizure of several looted Peruvian artifacts smuggled into the United States during the last several years. The artifacts were returned Wednesday to the Peruvian Consuls during simultaneous repatriation ceremonies in San Antonio, Denver and Boston.
- HSI-led probe targets major Southern California drug trafficking network with gang ties
- USDA Announces Funding for Rural Broadband and Telecommunications Infrastructure
- NASA Awards Advanced Technology Microwave Sounder for the Joint Polar Satellite System-2 Mission
- CDC Announces Active Post-Arrival Monitoring for Travelers from Impacted Countries
- Mosquito Prescribed Burn Continuing with Ignitions
- Yosemite National Park and The Ansel Adams Gallery to Hold Award Ceremony and Art Exhibition
- National Park Service is Accepting Applications for Artist-in-Residence Program
- U.S. Government’s Response to Ebola at Home and Abroad
- Terrorist Attack in Jerusalem
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments