Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 20:22
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:57
- Written by Stuart Wolpert
Los Angeles, California - Research by UCLA biochemists may lead to a new treatment - or even a cure - for PH1, a rare and potentially deadly genetic kidney disease that afflicts children. Their findings also may provide important insights into treatments for Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and other degenerative diseases.
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:54
- Written by Enrique Rivero
Los Angeles, California - The community college system represents a potential source of student diversity for medical schools and physicians who will serve poor communities; however, there are significant challenges to enhancing the pipeline from community colleges to four-year universities to medical schools. The authors recommend that medical school and four-year university recruitment, outreach and admissions practices be more inclusive of community college students.
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:49
- Written by Leslie Ridgeway
Los Angeles, California - Keck Medicine of USC scientists have discovered new clues about a drug instrumental in treating a certain blood cancer that may provide important targets for researchers searching for cures.
National research team awarded $16M NIH grant to study genetics of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:46
- Written by Alison Trinidad
Los Angeles, California - A multi-institutional team of researchers studying schizophrenia and bipolar disorder has been awarded a $16 million grant from the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) to create the most extensive genetic resource to date for these two devastating psychiatric disorders, using data assembled by the University of Southern California (USC).
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:41
- Written by Megan Hazle
Los Angeles, California - Thanks to new LEGO®-like components developed by researchers at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering, it is now possible to build a 3-D microfluidic system quickly and cheaply by simply snapping together small modules by hand.
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:39
- Written by Robert Perkins
Los Angeles, California - Scientists have discovered a key molecular cog in a plant’s biological clock – one that modulates the speed of circadian (daily) rhythms based on temperature.
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to Attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Ashraf Ghani, President-elect of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
- Created on Sunday, 28 September 2014 18:09
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to Kabul, Afghanistan to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Ashraf Ghani, President-elect of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, on September 29, 2014.
- Governor Brown Signs Legislation to Combat Human Trafficking
- Governor Brown Signs Legislation to Protect Senior Citizens
- Fifth Anniversary of Massacre at Pro-Democracy Rally in Guinea
- No sign of health or nutrition problems from GMO livestock feed
- Mail-in ballot rejections analyzed in study
- The 2013 government shutdown affected federal workers and the U.S. economy
- Women and children bear brunt of domestic violence
- Biologists find an early sign of cancer
- Researchers engineer new mouse model to study disease
- Using science for service