Washington, DC - The American Psychological Association has launched a new, enhanced career center - PsycCareers - that connects psychology professionals across all disciplines and career stages with employers offering job opportunities.
“Providing our members with opportunities for professional development and career growth is central to our goal of serving the discipline,” said APA Interim CEO Cynthia D. Belar, PhD. “In addition to being a timely source of up to thousands of psychology job opportunities, PsycCareers is set apart by a number of new benefits it offers to psychology professionals and employers.”
- The ability for psychology professionals to post anonymous resumes, allowing them to be recruited while retaining control over which employers view their complete information.
- A variety of options for employers to expose jobs to job-seeking psychology professionals who do not visit job boards, including the ability to send targeted job emails to APA members.
- Integration of job content with social media to engage psychology professionals and provide valuable job exposure to APA’s audiences on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social channels.
- Extensive employment advertising opportunities for employers.
- A mobile-responsive environment to ensure job seekers have an optimal experience, regardless of the device they are using.
- The ability for psychology professionals to receive alerts every time a new job becomes available that matches their personal goals and interests.
- Integration of career resources, training and other benefits APA offers its members.
The new platform was developed in partnership with YourMembership, the leading provider of job websites and career centers for organizations that serve specialized members. As a result, job seekers and employers using PsycCareers will also have access to YourMembership’s network of nearly 2,500 niche career centers.
“The American Psychological Association is a world-class organization whose members are integral to professions including health care, education and industry,” said Tristan Jordan, senior vice president and general manager of revenue solutions, YourMembership. “PsycCareers is an innovative gateway that matches the right employers with the right talent to help keep organizations well-staffed and psychology professionals’ careers moving along a path that meets their goals.”
For more information, visit PsycCareers.
The American Psychological Association, in Washington, D.C., is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States. APA's membership includes more than 117,500 researchers, educators, clinicians, consultants and students. Through its divisions in 54 subfields of psychology and affiliations with 60 state, territorial and Canadian provincial associations, APA works to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people's lives.