Washington, DC - "My administration will also continue to advocate for policies that support working families, including making child care more affordable and accessible." ~ President Donald J. Trump
SUPPORTING WORKING FAMILIES: President Trump has made expanding access to child care and paid family leave a priority of his Administration.
- The Administration is laying out principles for common sense, innovative child care policy reforms and practices that increase access to quality care, choice, and flexibility for America’s working parents.
- Last year, President Trump signed legislation securing a historic level of funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant.
- This funding helps low-income families access quality child care programs.
- During his first State of the Union Address, the President called on Congress to pass a nationwide paid family leave plan.
- President Trump became the first President to include paid family leave in his budget and has included paid family leave in all of his budgets since taking office.
- President Trump’s tax reforms provided a new tax credit to incentivize businesses to offer paid family leave to their employees.
- The Administration worked with Congress to secure paid parental leave for all Federal employees in the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act.
- The Administration’s efforts, spearheaded by Advisor to the President Ivanka Trump, ensure the Government is leading by example.
LIFTING UP FAMILIES: President Trump’s pro-growth policies are helping families across the country to prosper.
- President Trump’s pro-growth policies have ignited an economic resurgence, leading to more opportunity and bigger paychecks for workers and their families.
- President Trump’s historic Tax Cuts and Jobs Act cut taxes for American families and implemented reforms to help families get ahead.
- The President’s historic tax reforms doubled the child tax credit benefitting nearly 40 million American families with an average of over $2,200 dollars in 2019.
- The President’s legislation created a new $500 tax credit for dependents age 17 or older.
- Millions of workers gained bonuses, wage increases, and increased benefits for their families following the signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- In 2018 alone, nearly 300,000 American families were lifted out of poverty.
- Over 600,000 children being raised by single mothers were lifted out of poverty in 2018.
- Under President Trump, there are more Americans working than ever before, wages are rising, and unemployment is plummeting.
- More than 7 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election.
- The unemployment rate has dropped to 3.5%, matching its lowest point in half a century.
- African-American, Hispanic-American, and Asian-American unemployment have all reached record lows under President Trump.
- Since President Trump’s election, 2.1 million prime-age workers have joined the labor force.