Washington, DC - "Everywhere we look, we are seeing the effects of the American economic miracle." ~ President Donald J. Trump
CONTINUING THE ECONOMIC BOOM: President Trump has delivered on his promise to reignite the American economy and usher in a new economic boom.
- More than 5.3 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election.
- The economy added 304,000 jobs last month, smashing expectations.
- Economic growth has taken off, averaging 3 percent over the last four quarters.
- Job openings have exceeded the number of unemployed for the first time on record.
- Unemployment remained below 4 percent for eight months in 2018.
- Prior to 2018, unemployment had fallen below 4 percent only five times since 1970.
- The African American, Asian American, and Hispanic American unemployment rates all fell to record lows in 2018.
- Unemployment insurance claims have fallen to a nearly 50-year low under President Trump.
- President Trump has brought back American manufacturing, adding hundreds of thousands of manufacturing jobs since the election.
- An average of 18,500 manufacturing jobs have been created every month since President Trump’s election, compared to 8,100 per month in the four years prior.
OPEN FOR BUSINESS: America is open for business once again thanks to the President’s pro-growth agenda, bringing back investment and jobs that had been driven overseas.
- Business is thriving in America thanks to President Trump’s historic tax cuts and deregulation.
- President Trump has cut a record number of job-killing regulations, freeing businesses from Washington’s overreach.
- The Trump Administration eliminated 12 regulations for every new one in 2018, once again surpassing the President’s pledge to cut two regulations for every new one.
- The President’s deregulation has achieved $33 billion in net regulatory savings so far.
- President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, lowering the corporate tax rate to spur investment and growth here at home.
- Prior to the President’s tax cuts, the United States had the highest corporate tax rate in the world, driving business and jobs overseas.
DELIVERING REAL RESULTS FOR WORKERS AND FAMILIES: Americans are seeing real results and more money in their pockets as a result of our economic resurgence.
- Workers are seeing their largest nominal year over year wage growth in nearly a decade.
- Year over year wage gains increased by 3.3 percent in December, the fastest pace since April 2009.
- The African American and Hispanic American poverty rates hit all-time lows in 2017.
- More than 6 million workers received bonuses, pay raises, and increased benefits in response to President Trump’s tax cuts.
- The average family of 4 earning $75,000 will keep $2,000 more of its own money.
- The President will work to build on these gains and better the lives of all Americans.
- The President has unleashed our energy resources, driving down prices for consumers.