Washington, DC - "My Administration remains very focused on the issues that will encourage economic growth - that’s what we’re all about." ~ President Donald J. Trump
GROWING THE ECONOMY TO NEW HEIGHTS: The American economy continues its strong growth under President Donald J. Trump, with GDP growth reaching 4.1% in the second quarter.
- With GDP growth reaching 4.1% in Q2 of 2018, it’s clear that President Trump is delivering on his promise to revitalize the American economy.
- GDP growth is one of the most important economic indicators and shows that America is continuing to grow more and more prosperous under President Trump.
- Average annual growth has been a strong 2.8% over the past four quarters.
- During President Obama’s 8 years in office, GDP growth averaged just 1.9%.
- If our current pace continues, we are on track to see the economy grow over the course of a calendar year by more than 3% for the first time in 13 years.
DEFYING THE CRITICS: Under President Trump, the economy is achieving the kind of growth critics derided as unrealistic.
- The Administration has long maintained that implementing the President’s pro-growth economic agenda would lead to at least 3% growth, a prediction met and exceeded in Q2.
- GDP is now on track for 3.1% growth in 2018, a level of growth that was previously dismissed by the media and economic “experts” as unrealistic.
- Larry Summers, said 3% annual growth was “fair enough if you believe in tooth-fairies.”
- The Los Angeles Times’ Michael Hiltzik called 3% annual growth a “pipe dream.”
- Recent growth stands in stark contrast to the absurd claim by Paul Krugman in 2016 that President Trump’s Presidency would lead to a “global recession.”
AN ECONOMIC RESURGENCE: The latest GDP figures show President Trump’s pro-growth economic agenda is delivering exactly what it promised.
- President Trump’s historic tax cuts and deregulation have been key in making higher economic growth possible.
- Money held overseas is flooding back to the United States following President Trump’s tax cuts and reforms, with companies repatriating a record $306 billion in Q1 of 2018.
- A stronger economy means more job creation, with more than 3.2 million nonfarm payroll jobs created since President Trump took office.
- Under President Trump, the number of job openings has surpassed the number of job seekers for the first time on record.
- Around two-thirds of Americans believe now is a good time to find a quality job, according to Gallup.