Imperial Valley News
US Trade Representative Michael Froman addresses export impacts and opportunities in remarks to nation’s ag leaders
Washington, DC - Yesterday, US Trade Representative Michael Froman spoke to the National Association of State Departments of Agriculture at its Winter Policy Conference.
Washington, DC - When His Majesty, King Abdullah II of Jordan visited Washington in December 2014, President Obama announced that the United States would renew its memorandum of understanding (MOU) of assistance to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan at increased levels of support. Today, Secretary of State John Kerry and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh signed this new MOU, which reflects our strategic partnership and the United States’ firm commitment to Jordan’s stability.
Washington, DC - Two defendants who participated in an alleged multi-million dollar telemarketing fraud that targeted U.S. seniors and withdrew money from their accounts without authorization have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges. The settlement orders bar them from using remotely created checks drawn on consumers’ bank accounts, require them to obtain consumers’ consent before debiting their accounts, and prohibit them from misrepresenting any goods or services.
Los Angeles, California - The recent christening of a hydrogen fuel dispenser at the Hydrogen Research and Fueling Facility at Cal State Los Angeles (CSULA) represents a significant milestone in California’s ongoing efforts to counter climate change. The station is the first of its kind in California and the U.S. to pass a key test known as “type evaluation,” administered by CDFA’s Division of Measurement Standards as a legal prerequisite for new makes and models of commercial measuring devices.
Washington, DC - Staff of the Federal Trade Commission has sent letters warning 20 manufacturers and marketers of dog waste bags that their “biodegradable,” “compostable,” and other environmental claims may be deceptive.
- Presidential Memorandum – “Legal and Policy Transparency Concerning United States’ Use of Military Force and Related National Security Operations” and Accompanying Report on Transparency in Legal and Policy Frameworks
- President Barack Obama on Oakland Fire
- A Year of Action Supporting Computer Science for All
- White House Press Secretary on the Visit to Hawaii of Prime Minister Abe of Japan
- Governor Brown Hosts 85th Annual Capitol Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Most Popular News
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Harvey Milk Day
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement