Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 22:00
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. on Wednesday signed a balanced state budget that protects funding for education and public safety while cutting $8 billion from government to close a $15.7 billion deficit and build a reserve of nearly $1 billion.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 21:00
- Written by CDFA
Anaheim, California - The California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Orange County Agricultural Commissioner’s office have eradicated an Oriental fruit fly infestation centered in the Anaheim area of Orange County, ending a 75-square-mile quarantine that began late last year after a dozen Oriental fruit flies were caught in local traps monitored by agricultural officials.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 20:56
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - When celebrating our nation's independence this Fourth of July, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) reminds Americans that proper food handling practices can prevent their "Life, Liberty, and pursuit of Happiness" from being threatened by foodborne illness.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 20:55
- Written by Green Liver
Helsinki, Finland - Hillary Rodham Clinton: "Thank you so much. I am absolutely delighted to be back in Helsinki and to have some time to visit about the issues that we are working on together, the challenges we are facing together, and I’m grateful to the Ambassador for his leadership.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 20:50
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - If your kids play video games, the Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, wants you to know there are resources to help you learn about the games and put limits on what your kids can access.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 20:48
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Los Angeles, California - Last week, I had the great pleasure of participating in a discussion panel at the Food Dialogues, a program presented at UCLA by the U.S. Farmers and Ranchers Alliance, which was established to try to make a major contribution to the ongoing national discussion about food.
- Created on Wednesday, 27 June 2012 20:45
- Written by Purdue University
West Lafayette, Indiana - Many voters in Mexico's July 1 presidential election are likely to take a trip down memory lane when considering whether to support the incumbent party or the newly renovated old party, says a Purdue University expert.
- Scientists Twist Light to Send Data
- Greater L.A. to heat up an average 4 to 5 degrees by mid-century
- Tiger Cubs Debut Stripes at San Diego Zoo Safari Park
- Audiovisual Performances Treaty
- Small Business Economic Recovery Bills Progress in California Senate Committees
- US Settles Complaint Against Livestock Company for Improper Medication Practices
- Mortgage Fraud Summits Arm Distressed Homeowners with Information to Protect Them from Scams
- Juveniles Recovered in Nationwide Operation Targeting Underage Prostitution
- Obama Administration Awards “Vets to Cops” Hiring Grants
- FTC Files Complaint Against Wyndham Hotels For Failure to Protect Consumers' Personal Information