Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - Two defendants who participated in an alleged multi-million dollar telemarketing fraud that targeted U.S. seniors and withdrew money from their accounts without authorization have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges. The settlement orders bar them from using remotely created checks drawn on consumers’ bank accounts, require them to obtain consumers’ consent before debiting their accounts, and prohibit them from misrepresenting any goods or services.
Los Angeles, California - The recent christening of a hydrogen fuel dispenser at the Hydrogen Research and Fueling Facility at Cal State Los Angeles (CSULA) represents a significant milestone in California’s ongoing efforts to counter climate change. The station is the first of its kind in California and the U.S. to pass a key test known as “type evaluation,” administered by CDFA’s Division of Measurement Standards as a legal prerequisite for new makes and models of commercial measuring devices.
Washington, DC - Staff of the Federal Trade Commission has sent letters warning 20 manufacturers and marketers of dog waste bags that their “biodegradable,” “compostable,” and other environmental claims may be deceptive.
Washington, DC - Today, Congressman Juan Vargas (CA-51) released the following statement regarding President Obama’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Budget.
Seattle, Washington - The New Year has brought any number of new challenges into our lives-including a law that requires the residents of Seattle to separate food waste for recycling, says the Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Secretary of State John Kerry's Meeting with Venezuelan President Maduro
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia Invites Small Business Owners and Community to Small Business Resource Fair
- Senior U.S. Officials Travel to the India Conference on Cyber Security and Internet Governance
- Governor Brown Signs Consumer Protection Legislation
- Assemblymember Garcia Spearheads Hearing on Boys and Men of Color in the Coachella Valley
Most Popular News
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Harvey Milk Day
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement