Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:55
- Written by FBI
Washington, DC - Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York; Janice K. Fedarcyk, the Assistant Director in Charge of the New York Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Raymond W. Kelly, the Police Commissioner of the City of New York (NYPD); and Robert Doar, the Commissioner of the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA), announced the unsealing of charges against 48 defendants for their participation in a massive fraud scheme involving the unlawful diversion and trafficking of hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of prescription drugs that had previously been dispensed to Medicaid recipients
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:51
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Andrew Lucas, of Bakersfield, was sentenced to one year and one day in prison by Chief United States District Judge Anthony W. Ishii for accepting a bribe while a public official, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:36
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 13:02
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the American Association of Museums, announced today the selection of ten new projects as part of the Museums Connect program. Museums Connect links U.S. communities with communities around the world through innovative, museum-based exchanges.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 12:41
- Written by Purdue University
Imperial, California - Frequent abuse by a parent can increase a child's cancer risk in adulthood, and the effects are especially significant when mothers abuse their daughters and fathers abuse their sons, according to new research from Purdue University.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 12:39
- Written by IVN
West Lafayette, Indiana - Scientists searching for clues to understand how superweeds obtain resistance to the popular herbicide glyphosate may have been missing a critical piece of information, a Purdue University study shows.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 12:37
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In June 2011, the President launched the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (AMP), a national effort bringing together industry, universities, and the federal government to invest in the emerging technologies and skills that will support a dynamic domestic advanced manufacturing sector that creates high quality jobs and encourages companies to invest in the United States.
- Statement by President Obama on Extending Health Coverage to Federal Firefighters
- Labeling Company's Textile Products as 'Flax' Would Comply with FTC Textile Rules
- Effort Promotes Responsible Drinking
- Surprising Ways To Add To Your Savings
- Warning Lights Send Messages You Can’t Ignore
- Protect Your Smartphone From Everyday Life
- Hot Flashes And Summer: Tips For Beating The Heat
- Just Desserts - Chocolate Change-Up
- LifeRide For A Cure
- Make Your Next Road Trip More Comfortable - Trip Tips