Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:09
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - Every year, approximately 650,000 people in the United States undergo chemotherapy.Although everyone reacts differently, people can sometimes feel confused, anxious and overwhelmed. Many people also have preconceived notions about cancer and its treatment that sometimes aren’t true.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 21:00
- Written by Border Scope
Los Angeles, California - U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at the Los Angeles/Long Beach (LA/LB) seaport in collaboration with the Los Angeles Border Enforcement Security Team (LA BEST) and the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) recovered and seized 359 stolen copper ingots, each worth $3,488 for an estimated total domestic value of $1.25 million.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 20:32
- Written by IVN
San Francisco, California - NASA and the American Geophysical Union are inviting social media followers to a unique behind-the-scenes NASA Social on Tuesday, December 4, in San Francisco. The event will bring 20 social media users together with some of the world's best and brightest scientific minds at the world's largest Earth and solar system science conference.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 20:25
- Written by Green Liver
Sacramento, California - The California Energy Commission today awarded $1,508,507 to fund 18 research projects ranging from sensors used to forecast disruptions in the electricity grid to computer programs to advance the framework for plug-in electric vehicles in California.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 20:22
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of the Treasury today announced the thirty distinguished professionals in economics, finance, financial services, data management, risk management, and information technology, who will serve on the Financial Research Advisory Committee of the Office of Financial Research (OFR).
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 20:19
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Black women have higher death rates from breast cancer than any other racial or ethnic group. They are 40 percent more likely to die from breast cancer than white women, according to a Vital Signs report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 19:47
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments:
- Created on Wednesday, 14 November 2012 19:27
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - We spend a considerable amount of time at CDFA working to prepare for the future. We’re developing a strategic plan that includes succession planning because we know the time will come to hand the reigns to a new generation to protect and facilitate food production in California. We also know that we’ll need thousands of new farmers and ranchers, and many more people to enter associated fields.
- Marketers Behind Fake News Sites Settle FTC Charges of Deceptive Advertising
- U.S. Announces Additional Humanitarian Assistance for the Syrian Crisis
- Little Lip Prints ~ Humor
- International Counterfeit Goods Trafficking Scheme Arrest
- Former Law Firm Partner Convicted of Obstructing SEC Investigation
- Choose the Right Strategy to Reap Big Value From Big Data
- MapQuest Launches "Discover" to Bring Travel from Inspiration to Destination
- Justice Department Files Civil Rights Lawsuit Against the City of San Jacinto
- Student Teams to Build and Fly Rockets With Onboard Payloads for NASA Rocketry Challenge
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments