Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 19:47
- Written by Green Liver
Imperial, California - Imperial Irrigation District is celebrating Public Power Week October 7-13, along with more than 2,000 other electric utilities that provide electricity on a not-for-profit basis.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 17:00
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - This morning at the San Diego Zoo, the giant panda cub was calm but squirmy while staff took measurements and examined him.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 16:56
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary: "I want to make sure Californians know that the USDA has opened a discrimination claims process for Hispanic and women farmers that extends through March 25, 2013. In California, the USDA’s Farm Service Agency has announced a series of 13 meetings from October 10 through January 23, 2013 to provide more information about the process."
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 13:52
- Written by Green Living
West Lafayette, Indiana - Millions of flat-screen monitors and television sets will soon become obsolete, posing environmental hazards, and Purdue University researchers are developing tools to help industry efficiently recycle the products.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 13:43
- Written by Kati Daffan - FTC
Washington, DC - Like the character in the 70s movie “Network,” many consumers are “mad as hell and not going to take this anymore.” What’s aroused their ire? Robocalls made in violation of a 2009 rule outlawing many of these automated calls. That’s why the FTC is convening Robocalls: All the Rage, a one-day conference - it’s free and open to the public - set for October 18, 2012, in Washington, DC.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 13:37
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Federal Trade Commission has filed three separate suits in federal court to halt the allegedly deceptive tactics of three operations that preyed on distressed homeowners by falsely claiming they could save their homes from foreclosure, and then charging them thousands of dollars up-front, while delivering little or no help and often driving them deeper into debt.
- Created on Tuesday, 09 October 2012 09:28
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - Periodontal disease is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the gum tissue and bone supporting the teeth, according to the AmericanAcademy of Periodontology (AAP).
- How To Keep The Home Fires Burning
- Bring A Beautiful, Bountiful Cornucopia Of Bread To Your Table
- How To Value Daily Deals For LASIK
- NASA Releases Interactive Space Communications Mobile Game App
- President Obama remarks at the Dedication of the Cesar Chavez National Monument
- U.S. Department of State Announces TechWomen 2012 "Tech for Social Good"
- Aztecs Rock Hunger: SDSU Seeks Food Drive Record
- Governor Brown Issues Statement on Death of Former Lieutenant Governor Mervyn Dymally
- Democratic Party will capture Latino vote in 2012
- Governor Brown Urges Action to Reduce Gas Prices