Imperial Valley News
San Francisco, California - On February 4, William Wise was sentenced to 262 months in prison for a Ponzi scheme he perpetrated against over 1,200 victims who were seeking safe investments in certificates of deposit (CDs), announced United States Attorney Melinda Haag, Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in Charge David J. Johnson, and Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation Special Agent in Charge José M. Martinez.
Fresno, California - Shelley Corkins, also known as Shelley Kimbrell, 38, of Fresno, pleaded guilty today to three counts of wire fraud in connection with her embezzlement of money from the law firm that formerly employed her, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
Sacramento, California - Joshua Clymer, 28, of San Francisco, was sentenced today to two years in prison for conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud in connection with a mortgage fraud scheme, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced. Clymer previously pleaded guilty pursuant to a plea agreement.
Former Contracting Officer and Contractor Charged with Bribery Scheme in Connection with Awarding of U.S. Postal Service Contracts
Washington, DC - A former U.S. Postal Service contracting officer, along with a mail delivery contractor, were indicted today for engaging in a scheme to defraud the Postal Service through bribery and kickbacks in connection with the awarding of contracts to deliver the mail.
Washington, DC - Today, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz announced the launch of the Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) to help expand the commercial impact of the Department of Energy’s (DOE) research. The office will work closely with the national laboratories and engage with industry to commercialize technology and strengthen the global competitiveness of U.S. industries based on scientific and technological innovations.
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to Attend the Presidential Inauguration of Her Excellency Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, President-elect of the Republic of Croatia
- Secretary of State John Kerry's Meeting with Venezuelan President Maduro
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia Invites Small Business Owners and Community to Small Business Resource Fair
- Senior U.S. Officials Travel to the India Conference on Cyber Security and Internet Governance
- Governor Brown Signs Consumer Protection Legislation
- Assemblymember Garcia Spearheads Hearing on Boys and Men of Color in the Coachella Valley
Most Popular News
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Harvey Milk Day
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement