Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 14 October 2012 13:34
- Written by Stuart Wolpert and Mary-Ann Muffoletto
Los Angeles, California - What are the key ingredients to raising successful, self-sufficient offspring? A new life sciences study using 14 years of data on gray wolves in Yellowstone National Park indicates that cooperative group behavior and a mother's weight are crucial.
- Created on Sunday, 14 October 2012 13:31
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - The world's leading mass spectrometer manufacturers have agreed to license technology that enabled University of Southern California (USC) researchers to develop software that, for the first time, allows scientists to easily use and share research data collected across proprietary platforms.
- Created on Sunday, 14 October 2012 13:27
- Written by USC
Los Angeles, California - Howard N. Hodis, M.D., is the director of the Atherosclerosis Research Unit in the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine in the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California. His research focuses on the risk factors of atherosclerosis - the underlying cause of heart disease and stroke - and how they can be modified.
- Created on Saturday, 13 October 2012 21:24
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - United States District Judge Garland E. Burrell, Jr. sentenced Lori Zoval, 47, of South Lake Tahoe, to three years and eight months in prison, to be followed by three years of supervised release, for embezzling client money while employed as a licensed investment broker with a brokerage firm in Folsom, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
- Created on Saturday, 13 October 2012 21:18
- Written by FBI
Brooklyn, New York - Pedro Espada, Jr. pled guilty before the Honorable Frederic Block in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn, New York, to filing a false and fraudulent federal tax return. Previously in this case, Espada, a former New York State Senator in the Bronx who served as the Senate Majority Leader from 2009 to 2010, was convicted by jury of four counts of stealing from Bronx non-profit health clinics that received federal funding.
- Created on Saturday, 13 October 2012 21:13
- Written by Border Scope
Calexico, California - U.S. Border Patrol agents yesterday stopped a vehicle used to smuggle five people and arrested two suspected alien smugglers.
- Created on Saturday, 13 October 2012 21:02
- Written by IVN
Irvine, California - NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston and Epiomed Therapeutics Inc. of Irvine, California, have signed an agreement to develop and commercialize a NASA-crafted, fast-acting nasal spray to fight motion sickness.
- Created on Saturday, 13 October 2012 20:58
- Written by ShopSmart
Imperial, California - Hunting down deals and finding the best stuff to buy use to be a lot of work. But these days, mobile technology can easily help shoppers find what they are looking for at a great price. The November 2012 issue of ShopSmart, from Consumer Reports, features ten must-have, free apps that can help shoppers score some of the best deals.
- UNSC Adoption of Resolution on Mali
- State Department Expands Employment Horizons for Persons with Disabilities
- Fulbright NEXUS 2012-2013 Scholars Research Climate Change Adaptation
- One Million American Jobs Saved and a Stronger American Auto Industry
- On-The-Go Color Resources
- Sleep Apnea: A Startling Wakeup Call
- Six Questions About Long-Term Care
- Mangos Make The Meal
- Quiz May Help You Take Control of Your Asthma
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments