Imperial Valley News
Durham, North Carolina - Duke researchers have developed a new method to precisely control when genes are turned on and active.
Austin, Texas - Through the use of text-analysis software, University of Texas at Austin psychology researchers have identified William Shakespeare as the author of the long-contested play “Double Falsehood,” as described this week in the journal Psychological Science.
Austin, Texas - An international research team is formalizing plans to drill nearly 5,000 feet below the seabed to take core samples from the crater of the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - With the array of cleaning options at the grocery store, it is easy to forget that the most natural and effective cleaner could be sitting in your cabinet at this very moment. Vinegar is an all-in-one cleaner. It can take on most any cleaning challenge, no matter the size, and there’s no need to worry about harmful effects typically associated with harsh, chemical cleaning agents. Budget conscious and eco friendly, vinegar is truly a product with many talents.
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - According to a study in the Nutrition Journal, children between the ages of 4 and 13 should be consuming four to six cups of water per 1,000 calories that they eat. Around 75 percent of dietary water comes from beverages and the remaining 25 percent comes from moisture in foods.
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - A little heart-shaped fruit can be a big help to your heart. According to research, strawberries may play an important role in helping to reduce the risk of heart disease.