Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:51
- Written by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Washington, DC - This year as we mark World Population Day, leaders from around the globe are meeting in London for the Family Planning Summit hosted by the Government of the United Kingdom and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. They are working to find new ways to support the rights of women and young people to decide whether, when, and how many children to have.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:47
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The United States strongly condemns the destruction of Muslim shrines and other religious and historic sites in Timbuktu by Islamic militants, including Ansar al-Dine. We are outraged by the continued destruction of these World Heritage Sites and the ongoing intimidation of local populations.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:45
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:42
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton announced in May that the United States would ease certain financial and investment sanctions on Burma in response to the historic reforms that have taken place in that country over the past year. Today, the U.S. Government has implemented these changes to permit the first new U.S. investment in Burma in nearly 15 years, and to broadly authorize the exportation of financial services to Burma.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:38
- Written by kurt
San Diego, California - Researchers have demonstrated tiny machines that could make possible super-accurate sensors and motors, with far-reaching applications from computer storage to altimeters, detecting petroleum deposits to measuring DNA-binding forces.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:35
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today signed the California Homeowner Bill of Rights to halt the “abusive tactics” of loan servicers and protect struggling homeowners who are trying, in good faith, to renegotiate their mortgages.
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:32
- Written by ASSOCIATION OF MATURE AMERICAN CITIZENS
Bohemia, New York - Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius "distorts the facts and deceives voters when she talks about 'free' Medicare preventive services," Dan Weber, president of the Association of Mature American Citizens. "It just isn't true. It ain't free."
- Created on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 19:02
- Written by Brian Wallheimer
Imperial, California - Animals that choose to eat in the presence of a predator run the risk of being eaten themselves, so they often go into a defensive mode and pay a physical penalty for the lack of nutrients.
- How Kids Can Help Kids and Have A Great Time
- How To Avoid Elder Financial Abuse
- Vacations Mean Photos
- Homemade Dressings Add Zest to Nature’s Bounty
- Tips On Taming A Computer For More Speed, Less Trouble
- Governor Brown Issues Legislative Update
- FTC Offers Consumers Tips on How to Respond to Unwanted Robocalls
- State Department Concern About Government of Sudan Response to Demand for Democracy
- EPA Hosts Mexico and Canada Leaders at Commission for Environmental Cooperation Meeting