Imperial Valley News
Former Contracting Officer and Contractor Charged with Bribery Scheme in Connection with Awarding of U.S. Postal Service Contracts
Washington, DC - A former U.S. Postal Service contracting officer, along with a mail delivery contractor, were indicted today for engaging in a scheme to defraud the Postal Service through bribery and kickbacks in connection with the awarding of contracts to deliver the mail.
Washington, DC - Today, Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz announced the launch of the Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) to help expand the commercial impact of the Department of Energy’s (DOE) research. The office will work closely with the national laboratories and engage with industry to commercialize technology and strengthen the global competitiveness of U.S. industries based on scientific and technological innovations.
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to Attend the Presidential Inauguration of Her Excellency Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, President-elect of the Republic of Croatia
Washington, DC - Today, approximately 10 months since the first U.S. personnel deployed to West Africa to fight Ebola, we mark important milestones in our response to the epidemic and chart the way ahead.
Zoos Bring Animal Kingdom to Patients at Primary Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House Charities in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City, Utah - Today, a unique collaboration designed to entertain and educate patients and their families about wildlife was announced through a partnership between the San Diego Zoo, Utah’s Hogle Zoo, Primary Children’s Hospital, and Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Intermountain Area. Funded through a generous gift by businessman and philanthropist T. Denny Sanford, Primary Children’s Hospital, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Intermountain Area, the Utah’s Hogle Zoo and San Diego Zoo Global announced the arrival of San Diego Zoo Kids in Salt Lake City.
Speaker Atkins Appoints Assemblymember Garcia Chair of Key Select Committee on Renewables and Restoration at the Salton Sea
Sacramento, California - State Assembly Speaker Toni G. Atkins announced today her selection of key select committee chairs for the 2015-16 Regular Session and appointed Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia to head the newly formed Assembly Select Committee on Renewable Energy Development and Restoration of the Salton Sea.
- Federal Authorities Charge 33 People with Crimes Against the U.S. Postal Service, including Theft of Mail by Employees
- Long Beach Man Pleads Guilty in $3 Million Foreclosure Rescue Scam
- U. S. Citizen Sentenced To Ten Years’ Imprisonment For Traveling To Foreign Country To Have Sex With A Minor
- Border Patrol Rescues 32 Locked in a Cold Storage Trailer
- Man Pleads Guilty to Computer Hacking and “Sextortion” Scheme Involving Multiple Female Victims
Most Popular News
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Harvey Milk Day
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement