Imperial Valley News
- Created on Friday, 28 December 2012 20:58
- Written by Border Scope
Calexico, California - The Calexico east passenger port of entry will increase its ability to process U.S. bound passenger vehicles on two Sundays during the busy holiday season. CBP officials will convert three cargo truck lanes at the adjacent Calexico Cargo Facility to supplement vehicle traffic lanes at the passenger border crossing.
- Created on Friday, 28 December 2012 20:50
- Written by ICE
New york, New York - A Florida man pleaded guilty Dec. 27 to engaging in a scheme to illegally import into the United States numerous dinosaur fossils that had been smuggled out of their native country. This guilty plea resulted from an investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).
- Created on Friday, 28 December 2012 20:02
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - State Department: "We deeply regret Russia’s passage of a law ending inter-country adoptions between the United States and Russia and restricting Russian civil society organizations that work with American partners. American families have adopted over 60,000 Russian children over the past 20 years, and the vast majority of these children are now thriving thanks to their parents’ loving support.
Statement by the President on EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson's Announcement that She Will Leave the Administration Early Next Year
- Created on Friday, 28 December 2012 19:52
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama: "Over the last four years, Lisa Jackson has shown an unwavering commitment to the health of our families and our children.
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 21:00
- Written by FBI
Houston, Texas - The FBI Bank Robbery Task Force needs your help to identify a holiday bank robber who brandished a black semi-automatic handgun during the armed robbery of a Houston bank earlier this evening. Bank surveillance photographs of the robber are below.
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:53
- Written by Border Scope
Calexico, California - In two separate incidents, El Centro Sector Border Patrol agents assigned to the Calexico Station apprehended a registered sex offender, and a Mara Salvatrucha 13 (MS-13) gang member.
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:47
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - NASA and the mobile application Foursquare have teamed up to help the public unlock its scientific curiosity with a new rover-themed Curiosity Explorer badge.
- Created on Thursday, 27 December 2012 20:40
- Written by Consumer Reports
Yonkers, New York - A widowed mother of two nearly lost out on $100,000 because her husband failed to update the beneficiary designations on his retirement plan after they married. Not updating wills and beneficiaries is one of the “7 money stumbles to avoid” featured in the February issue of Consumer Reports.
- California State Board of Food and Agriculture will discuss Irrigated Lands Regulation Programs
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to San Francisco County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Rita C. Federman to San Luis Obispo County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to San Bernardino County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to Riverside County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Alyson L. Huber to Sacramento County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Michael W. Jones to Placer County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to Orange County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Linda J. Sloven to Nevada County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Elia M. Ortiz to Napa County Superior Court