Imperial Valley News
- Created on Friday, 16 November 2012 17:47
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments:
- Created on Friday, 16 November 2012 17:28
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
San Diego, California - As we launch our second annual Farm to Food Bank Month, I’m excited about the commitment and generosity of California’s farmers and ranchers to support our local communities and consumers with food donations. Nearly 1 in 9 individuals, or close to 4 million people, in California are food insecure.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:21
- Written by FBI
Chicago, Illinois - A Chicago psychiatrist received illegal kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies and submitted at least 140,000 false claims to Medicare and Medicaid for antipsychotic medications he prescribed for thousands of mentally ill patients in area nursing homes, according to a civil health care fraud lawsuit filed today by the United States.
CBP Officers at Calexico and Andrade Ports Seize Over $1Million Worth of Hard Narcotics Over the Weekend
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:17
- Written by Border Scope
Calexico, California - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers working at the Andrade and Calexico ports of entry made four significant hard narcotics seizures worth over $1 million dollars during the holiday weekend.
BP Exploration and Production Inc. Agrees to Plead Guilty to Felony Manslaughter, Environmental Crimes and Obstruction of Congress Surrounding Deepwater Horizon Incident
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:13
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - BP Exploration and Production Inc. (BP) has agreed to plead guilty to felony manslaughter, environmental crimes and obstruction of Congress and pay a record $4 billion in criminal fines and penalties for its conduct leading to the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed 11 people and caused the largest environmental disaster in U.S. history, Attorney General Eric Holder announced today.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:10
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Justice Department announced today the filing of several criminal and civil business opportunity fraud cases, initiated as part of a joint sweep with the Federal Trade Commission and several states. Business opportunity fraud schemes take advantage of people looking for work by luring them in with false promises of big profits and leaving them worse off than they started.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 21:00
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - By combining the power of NASA's Hubble and Spitzer space telescopes and one of nature's own natural "zoom lenses" in space, astronomers have set a new record for finding the most distant galaxy seen in the universe.
- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 20:56
- Written by CDC
Washington, DC - The prevalence of diagnosed diabetes increased in all U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico between 1995 and 2010, according to a study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). During that time, the prevalence of diagnosed diabetes increased by 50 percent or more in 42 states, and by 100 percent or more in 18 states.
- Newly Named Panda Xiao Liwu has 13th Exam at San Diego Zoo
- Busting Black Friday myths
- Radiant Fryer Technology
- Cracking Down on Contrepreneurs
- Celebrate The Healthy Way This Holiday Season
- Starting Your Own Business An Alternative To The Job Search
- Immunizations: Key For Staying Healthy
- Unsung Heroes: America’s Servicewomen
- Cancer and Chemotherapy: Is What You Know a Myth or a Fact?
- CBP Intercepts 144 Tons of Stolen Copper Headed to Asia