Imperial Valley News
President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to the Opening Ceremony of the 2012 Paralympic Games
- Created on Friday, 24 August 2012 18:01
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to London, United Kingdom to attend the Opening Ceremony of the Paralympic Games on August 29, 2012.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:59
- Written by Imperial Valley News
San Diego, California - After days of monitoring a closed-circuit television, animal care staff at the San Diego Zoo conducted a brief hands-on look at the giant panda born on July 29, 2012. The 25-day-old cub was examined by veterinarians while its mother, Bai Yun, stepped out of the den to eat.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:53
- Written by Purdue
West Lafayette, Indiana - Purdue University researchers have captured evolution in action through the discovery of a new set of metabolites synthesized by Arabidopsis plants, according to research findings published this week in the journal Science.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:51
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - DISH Network, one of the nation's largest providers of satellite television service, faces a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit alleging that it illegally called millions of consumers who had previously asked telemarketers from the company or its affiliates not to call them again.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:27
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - State Department: The United States condemns the Government of Zimbabwe’s violent arrest and detention of 44 members of Gays and Lesbians of Zimbabwe on August 11 and a second raid by police on August 20. Several of these members sustained serious medical injuries from the attacks and were detained without charges.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:23
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - As part of its ongoing efforts to stop over-hyped health claims, the Federal Trade Commission has filed deceptive advertising charges against the marketers of the Ab Circle Pro - an abdominal exercise device - who promised consumers that exercising on the device for just three minutes a day would cause them to lose 10 pounds in two weeks.
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 10:03
- Written by NAPSI
Brawley, California (NAPSI) - With a new school year approaching, parents should take the time to learn the “facts of lice” and the natural measures that they can take to keep children lice free.
- How To Design A Bedroom That Unleashes Your Child’s Creativity
- End Child Hunger
- Giving Kids A Taste For Fruits And Vegetables
- Involving Kids In Cleaning
- Former Bank Manager Sentenced for Identity Theft/Bank Fraud
- US Government Joins False Claims Act Lawsuit Against the Gallup Organization
- Medical Equipment Company Owner Sentenced to 180 Months in Prison for Medicare Fraud Scheme
- Sinclair Oil to Pay $3.8 Million Penalty and Install Pollution Controls at Wyoming Refineries
- Fresno man pleads guilty in California driver's license fraud scheme
- CBP Officer Convicted of straw-purchasing firearms