Imperial Valley News
- Created on Friday, 30 November 2012 16:45
- Written by AMAC
Washington, DC - Seniors are riled at the "claptrap" they are getting from our president and from our Congress about the financial future of the nation, according to Dan Weber, president of the Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Created on Friday, 30 November 2012 10:08
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - In response to the rapidly evolving storm system expected to drop potentially up to 14 inches of rain, three feet of snow in some mountain areas above 8,000 feet and generate wind gusts of up to 80 miles per hour in the mountains and coastal areas, the California Emergency Management Agency (Cal EMA) has activated the State Operations Center (SOC) and its Northern Region Emergency Operations Center (REOC) at the agency's headquarters.
Illinois State Representative Indicted on Federal Bank Fraud Charges Related to Real Estate Investments
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 21:00
- Written by FBI
Chicago, Illinois - LaShawn K. Ford, an Illinois State Representative who also invested in real estate in Chicago, was indicted today on federal bank fraud and related charges for allegedly fraudulently obtaining a $500,000 increase and a two-year extension on a line of credit from the failed ShoreBank and obtaining multiple advances by making false statements about his intended use of the funds.
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 20:55
- Written by IVN
Seattle, Washington - Today, Rebecca Jeanette Rubin, age 39, a Canadian citizen, surrendered herself into FBI custody at the international border in Blaine, Washington, to face federal arson, destructive device, and conspiracy charges in Oregon, Colorado, and California. Rubin’s arrest marks the end of her decade-long period as an international fugitive in the largest eco-terrorism case in United States history.
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 20:26
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - An international team of experts supported by NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) has combined data from multiple satellites and aircraft to produce the most comprehensive and accurate assessment to date of ice sheet losses in Greenland and Antarctica and their contributions to sea level rise.
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 20:22
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Obama: "This Saturday, December 1st, on World AIDS Day, we will come together as a global community to stand with people affected by HIV/AIDS, to remember those we have lost, and to renew our commitment to ending the pandemic once and for all.
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 19:44
- Written by San Diego Newscape
San Diego, California - The San Diego Zoo's giant panda team conducted the 15th exam of giant cub Xiao Liwu this morning. He weighed 12.1 pounds and measured 25.9 inches long, and all four canine teeth were clearly visible. The four-month-old panda is growing and his measurements continue to be on track with other giant pandas born at the Zoo.
- Created on Thursday, 29 November 2012 19:40
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - On December 1, 2012, the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Convention) will enter into force between the United States and Morocco. The United States now partners with 70 countries under the Convention.
- Governor Brown Appoints Gilbert Romero to Ventura County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to Sacramento County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Michael S. Williams to Napa County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Michael Jurkovich to Madera County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Brian M. McNamara to Kern County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Adrienne M. Grover as Associate Justice of the Sixth District Court of Appeal
- Ending the Holiday Party Blues
- FTC Approves Final Order Settling Charges Against Marketer Brain-Pad, Inc
- Rock Legend Bret Michaels Celebrates Saving Pets
- Grandparents Can Give The Gift Of Reading