Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 21:24
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Black Friday weekend and Cyber Monday may have seen record-high sales this year, but 36 percent of Americans who say they plan to give gifts have yet do any holiday shopping at all, according to the latest Consumer Reports Holiday Poll.
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 21:22
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - Today, President Barack Obama announced his intent to nominate the following individual to key Administration posts:
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 16:49
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) today introduced the LINE Act, election reform legislation designed to guarantee that all American voters can cast a ballot in federal elections without facing hours-long delays at their polling places.
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 16:40
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - State Department: The United States welcomes the passage by the Senate today of H.R. 6156, which terminates the application of the Jackson-Vanik Amendment to Russia and Moldova and authorizes the President to extend Permanent Normal Trade Relations (PNTR) to both countries.
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 16:27
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has updated its research priorities to keep pace with ever-changing issues and opportunities in food safety and public health related to the meat, poultry and egg products FSIS regulates.
- Created on Thursday, 06 December 2012 16:20
- Written by Hillary Rodham Clinton via State Department
Dublin, Ireland - Hillary Rodham Clinton: "Thank you. Thank you. Good afternoon. It is wonderful to be here at DCU and back in Dublin. I want to thank you, President MacCraith, for that kind introduction. I’m delighted to be joined here by a number of officials and dignitaries, including your Chancellor, Martin McAleese, whom I have had the pleasure of meeting before when he was the spouse of a president.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 21:21
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The founder and president of the National Association of Special Police and Security Officers (NASPSO) – which represents private security guards assigned to protect federal buildings in the metropolitan Washington area – was convicted yesterday in Washington federal court, following a jury trial, of 18 counts related to his theft of union treasury and pension funds, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 21:19
- Written by Green Liver
Rialto, California - The United States has entered into two settlements worth more than $50 million to clean up contamination from the B.F. Goodrich Superfund Site in San Bernardino County, Calif. There are a dozen settling parties including Emhart Industries and Pyro Spectaculars, Inc. (PSI), as well as the cities of Rialto and Colton and County of San Bernardino.
- Social Media Accreditation Opens for NASA Airborne Earth Science Event
- Consumer Reports Investigation of Pork Products Finds Potentially Harmful Bacteria
- Donations Needed for City of Calexico Annual Christmas Toydrive
- Recipients of Women Entrepreneurs in the Americas Small Grants Announced
- FTC to Host Comprehensive Collection of Web Data Workshop
- FTC Settlement Puts an End to "History Sniffing" by Online Advertising Network
- PSA Campaign Addresses Childhood Obesity
- Don’t Wait When Fighting The Flu: A Mom’s Story
- Preparing The Workplace For “Deep Diversity”
- Tips For Moms Going Back To The Workforce