Imperial Valley News
- Created on Thursday, 16 October 2014 16:21
- Written by NOAA
Washington, DC - Below average temperatures are favored in parts of the south-central and southeastern United States, while above-average temperatures are most likely in the western U.S., Alaska, Hawaii and New England, according to the U.S. Winter Outlook, issued today by NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center.
- Created on Thursday, 16 October 2014 15:48
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - It is encouraging to see World Food Day observed today, a designation made possible by the inspiring work of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The goal of this day is to reach a point in time when people are no longer going hungry. The world produces enough food to feed everyone on the planet. We must find solutions to the ongoing problem of food access.
- Created on Thursday, 16 October 2014 10:59
- Written by Dr. Glenn Mollette
Washington, DC - Ebola affected Liberians and other West Africans who can obtain plane tickets will be headed to the United States. How many more can we handle coming into our country? We only have a handful of hospitals that are currently equipped to handle Ebola. Each of these has only four or five equipped isolated treatment areas.
- Created on Thursday, 16 October 2014 10:51
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg
Washington, DC - Today, the world puts 500 million family farmers in the spotlight in observance of World Food Day 2014. The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has recognized family farmers as central to solving global hunger and malnutrition.
Attorney General Kamala D. Harris Reaches $28.4 Million Settlement With Rental Business over Spyware, Unfair Business Practices
- Created on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 21:23
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - Attorney General Kamala D. Harris announced a $28.4 million settlement with Aaron’s, Inc., the second largest rent-to-own business in the nation, to resolve allegations that the company violated California consumer protection and privacy laws.
- Created on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 21:15
- Written by Green Liver
Sacramento, California - The Department of General Services has released new guidelines designed to enhance energy efficiency in data centers and server rooms at state-owned and leased buildings.
- Created on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 21:13
- Written by IVN
Rancho Cordova, California - California Department of Technology Presents: Green Fair 2014:
- Created on Wednesday, 15 October 2014 20:55
- Written by IVN
Oakland, California - Noah Blue was sentenced on Friday, to 78 months in prison for a summer bank robbery spree in Oakland, announced United States Attorney Melinda Haag and FBI Special Agent in Charge David J. Johnson.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection to Hire Border Patrol Agents
- Sinaloa Cartel Member Found Guilty of Drug Trafficking Conspiracy - Four Others Plead Guilty
- USDA Announces Measures to Help Farmers Diversify Weed Control Efforts
- NASA Soil Moisture Mapper Arrives at Launch Site
- CDC update on Ebola Response
- USS Constitution to Get Underway for Final Time Until 2018
- Did You Know? California's other Gold Rush
- Yosemite National Park Celebrates 35th Anniversary of Deaf Services
- Detention of Human Rights Defender Leyla Yunus
- Secretary of State John Kerry to Host Eid al-Adha Reception