Imperial Valley News
- Created on Monday, 20 August 2012 15:09
- Written by Brad Alexander
Red Bluff, California - In the small Interstate 5 community of Red Bluff, hundreds of firefighters are preparing their gear and vehicle resources in anticipation to take the call to combat the growing Ponderosa Fire. These firefighters are part of a massive multiple agency response to this quickly growing fire, that currently burned more than 15,000 acres.
- Created on Monday, 20 August 2012 15:07
- Written by Jordan Scott
Sacramento, California - It’s getting hot in here!
It has been a long time coming, but conditions have once again come together to create the perfect recipe for disaster. Following two years of relatively mild fire concerns, Mother Nature has decided that we had it a little too easy for a little too long.
- Created on Monday, 20 August 2012 14:57
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary: "You may have heard about recent illnesses and two deaths linked to cantaloupe grown in southwestern Indiana. I am very concerned to learn about the severity of this outbreak. My heart goes out to those affected and their loved ones.
- Created on Monday, 20 August 2012 14:52
- Written by Amy Patterson Neubert
New Orleans, Louisiana - Friendships and knowing one's neighbors are key to the Hurricane Katrina communities successfully rebuilding since the 2005 disaster, says a Purdue University disaster recovery expert.
- Created on Monday, 20 August 2012 14:47
- Written by IVN
Imperial, California - Researchers have created a new type of biosensor that can detect minute concentrations of glucose in saliva, tears and urine and might be manufactured at low cost because it does not require many processing steps to produce.
- Created on Sunday, 19 August 2012 20:42
- Written by Wildfire Reports
Sacramento, California - Today, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. secured federal financial assistance to help ensure availability of vital resources to extinguish the Ponderosa Fire burning in Tehama and Shasta Counties.
- Created on Sunday, 19 August 2012 20:34
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - During his fieldwork one evening in Los Angeles, USC professor Thomas Ward found himself staring down the barrel of a gang member’s gun.
- NASA Awards Caltech Five-Year Jet Propulsion Laboratory Contract
- MLB approves sale of San Diego Padres to Seidler/O'Malley Families and Ron Fowler
- Consumer Reports Investigates Vitamins and Supplements: Ten Dangers That May Surprise You
- California Issues Report Detailing Hospital Infection Rates For 2011
- Tasteful Ways To Make Your Kitchen Last
- Insuring Your Home Business
- Add Value To Your Home
- Audiobooks Help Kids Learn
- Survey Shows Generational Divide Over Relaxation Habits
- Congress Should Back Plan to Hire Teachers