Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 08:44
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - A Mexican national, murder suspect captured in northern California last month was turned over to Mexican law enforcement personnel Friday at the San Ysidro border crossing by officers from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 08:40
- Written by DEA
Washington, DC - DEA Administrator Michele M. Leonhart and United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara announced the seizure of $150 million in connection with a civil money laundering and forfeiture complaint filed in December 2011 alleging a massive, international scheme in which entities linked to Hizballah, including the now defunct Lebanese Canadian Bank (“LCB”), used the U.S. financial system to launder narcotics trafficking and other criminal proceeds through West Africa and back into Lebanon.
- Created on Wednesday, 22 August 2012 08:26
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama: "From working tirelessly to improve volunteer support to his leadership in reforming and modernizing the agency, Aaron has been a champion of the thousands of remarkable Peace Corps Volunteers serving across the globe.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:46
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) continues to take aggressive action to investigate and respond to disturbing evidence of inhumane treatment of cattle at Central Valley Meat in Hanford, California. Central Valley Meat was notified by USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) that the agency was immediately suspending the assignment of inspectors at the establishment on August 19, effectively halting slaughter operations at the establishment.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:28
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Space Day:
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:22
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The United States has seen reports that 36 Iranian universities have banned women from 77 critical fields of study including engineering, education, and counseling. This decision represents a significant regression for women in Iran, who have outnumbered men in universities for over a decade, and will further restrict the ability of Iranian women to find employment.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:19
- Written by Border Scope
Blythe, California - Yuma Border Patrol Sector agents rescued nine illegal aliens on Monday who were lost in the desert.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:05
- Written by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Washington, DC - Hillary Rodham Clinton: "I was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia.
- Governor Brown Cuts Red Tape to Strengthen State’s Response to Wildfires
- Low oxygen boosts stem cell survival in muscular dystrophy therapy
- Avoiding Curbstoners
- Safe Ways To Generate Power During An Outage
- Randy Jackson Partners with Merck to Challenge People Living with Type 2 Diabetes
- Rare Opportunity To Prepare For Hurricane Season
- Department Of Labor Is Here To Help
- State and Regional Resources Support Efforts at Ponderosa Fire
- California’s Fire Battle Rages On
- Food Safety Efforts by California Cantaloupe Growers