Imperial Valley News
- Created on Saturday, 11 August 2012 11:35
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - If you are looking into LASIK eye surgery but have been put off by the high price tag, here are some facts you may want to consider. Although the initial cost of LASIK may be significant, it could actually be a good investment and save you money in the long run once you realize you will be wearing, and paying for, glasses or contacts for the next 20 years or more.
- Created on Saturday, 11 August 2012 10:44
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, President Obama discussed the Administration’s all-hands-on-deck approach to one of the worst droughts in more than fifty years. This drought is especially hard on farmers and ranchers who are facing poor crops and are struggling to feed their animals. That is why the Administration is doing everything possible to give them the tools to fight back and recover.
- Created on Saturday, 11 August 2012 10:42
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Friday, President Obama issued an Executive Order on Preventing and Responding to Violence Against Women and Girls Globally to further enhance the Administration’s efforts to advance the rights and status of women and girls, to promote gender equality in U.S. foreign policy, and to bring about a world in which all individuals can pursue their aspirations without the threat of violence.
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012 14:17
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Hollywood, California - The Apparition In theaters Friday, August 24 - When frightening events start to occur in their home, young couple Kelly (Ashley Greene) and Ben (Sebastian Stan) discover they are being haunted by a presence that was accidentally conjured during a university parapsychology experiment. The horrifying apparition feeds on their fear and torments them no matter where they try to run.
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012 14:01
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Following a public comment period, the FTC has accepted as final a settlement with Facebook resolving charges that Facebook deceived consumers by telling them they could keep their information on Facebook private, and then repeatedly allowing it to be shared and made public.
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012 13:50
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Federal Trade Commission is mailing 9,282 refund checks to consumers who were deceived by false promises that they could earn substantial income if they bought and followed the "Stefanchik Program" to buy and sell privately held promissory notes and mortgages.
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012 12:49
- Written by America Newscape
Imperial, California - "The unsung victims of America's jobs crisis are older Americans and retirees, including those on Social Security," according to Dan Weber, president of the Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Drought leaves hay and livestock producers high and dry
- President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to the Closing Ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Summer Games
- FTC Sends Refunds to Consumers Allegedly Deceived by First Universal Lending Mortgage Loan Modification Scheme
- Death of USAID Officer in Afghanistan
- Google Will Pay $22.5 Million to Settle FTC Charges it Misrepresented Privacy
- Juanita Salas joins Planned Parenthood
- Students Start Careers
- Big News Of Small Spaces
- Make A Plan To Reduce Seasonal Shopping Stress
- How Athlete-Moms Meet Household Challenges