Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 06 June 2012 00:43
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - Fans of Katy Perry and The Sims can now indulge themselves with “The Sims 3 Katy Perry’s Sweet Treats,” the latest from the popular The Sims 3 franchise. Players can sweeten up their Sims’ lives with candylicious items that will enhance their game experience.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 15:05
- Written by FBI
Chicago, Illinois - Four defendants: an attorney, a loan originator, a mortgage broker, and a loan processor were indicted for allegedly participating in a scheme to fraudulently obtain at least 35 mortgage loans totaling more than $16.2 million from various lenders, federal law enforcement officials announced today.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 15:02
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - Director Robert S. Mueller, III has named Daphne Hearn special agent in charge (SAC) of the FBI’s San Diego Division. Ms. Hearn most recently served as the SAC of the Administrative Division in Los Angeles.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 14:55
- Written by DOJ
Los Angeles, California - A Los Angeles physician assistant who worked at fraudulent medical clinics where he used the stolen identities of doctors to write prescriptions for medically-unnecessary durable medical equipment (DME) and diagnostic tests has been convicted of conspiracy, health care fraud and aggravated identity theft charges in connection with a $18.9 million Medicare fraud scheme, announced the Department of Justice, FBI and U.S. Department Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 14:53
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - The Justice Department announced today that it will monitor elections on June 5, 2012, in the following jurisdictions to ensure compliance with the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and other federal voting rights statutes: Alameda, Fresno and Riverside Counties, California; Cibola and Sandoval Counties, N.M.; Shannon County, S.D.; and the city of Milwaukee.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 14:41
- Written by Green Liver
West Lafayette, Indiana - A new Purdue University-developed process for creating biofuels has shown potential to be cost-effective for production scale, opening the door for moving beyond the laboratory setting.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 09:31
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Still searching for the perfect gift for your dad or grad? When thinking about how you want to say “Happy Father’s Day!” to dad or “Congratulations!” to your grad, Ultrabook devices are the must-have tech gadget for dads and grads this summer.
- Created on Monday, 04 June 2012 09:29
- Written by Library of Congress and Reading Is Fundamental
Washington, DC (NAPSI) - Research shows that success in school and life starts with literacy. Consider this: Only 32 percent of fourth graders read at a proficient level and 34 percent can’t even read at the most basic level. Access to books continues to be one of the single most important factors in a student’s success, but far too many of America’s children do not have this most basic resource for learning.
- Choose “The Right Seat” For Children In Cars
- Youth Stepping Up As Environmental Ambassadors
- New Ways To Save Energy, Money And Water
- Leader of MS-13 Gang Sentenced to 50 Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking Multiple Teens
- State Department on the Twenty-Third Anniversary of Tiananmen Square
- United States Forest Service Planes Crash in Nevada
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring LGBT Pride Month
- Time for Congress to Get to Work
- New Treatment Option For Patients With A Rare Genetic Disorder
- Farm To Table: Protecting Your Crops