Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 12 May 2013 20:04
- Written by Stuart Wolpert
Los Angeles, California - A team of 70 scientists from the U.S., China, Australia and Japan reports having sequenced and annotated the genome of the "sacred lotus," which is believed to have a powerful genetic system that repairs genetic defects, and may hold secrets about aging successfully.
- Created on Sunday, 12 May 2013 20:00
- Written by Shaun Mason
Los Angeles, California - Led by Dr. Peiyee Lee and Dr. Richard Gatti, researchers at the Eli and Edythe Broad Center of Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research at UCLA have used induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells to advance disease-in-a-dish modeling of a rare genetic disorder, ataxia telangiectasia (A-T).
- Created on Sunday, 12 May 2013 19:55
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - Physician scientists at the University of Southern California are studying ways to teach the body’s immune system to fight off cancer. There is good evidence that the human immune system can fight cancer, but it needs some help.
- Created on Sunday, 12 May 2013 19:53
- Written by Marsha Walker Eastwood, MSHS
The week of May 6, 2013 was an incredible week. It brought out the best and worst in people and it never ceases to amaze me how media whores will stop at nothing to get in front of the camera. They seize any opportunity, large or small to ride the coattails of the victims of breaking news stories to divert attention to them and their story.
- Created on Sunday, 12 May 2013 19:48
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - A team of engineers from the University of Southern California has constructed the highest-performing carbon nanotube transistor to date.
- Created on Saturday, 11 May 2013 15:55
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Secretary of State John Kerry: "The United States condemns today's car bombings and we stand with our ally, Turkey. This awful news strikes an especially personal note for all of us given how closely we work in partnership with Turkey, and how many times Turkey's been a vital interlocutor at the center of my work as Secretary of State these last three months.
- Created on Saturday, 11 May 2013 09:42
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, President Obama said seven years after the real estate bubble burst, our housing market is healing. The administration’s policies have helped responsible homeowners save money on their mortgages and stay in their homes, and the President’s consumer watchdog agency is working to protect consumers from being taken advantage of on their mortgages, but there is still more work to do.
- Army Amputee Continues To Serve Through Adaptive Sports And Reconditioning
- Re-siding 101
- Travel Matters: How To Pack Properly
- Bedding: A Big Choice For Small Pets
- California Firm Recalls Pork Pie Products
- Father and Son Linked to Separate Fraud Schemes Arrested at LAX
- Two Perpetrators of Nationwide Foreclosure Rescue Scam ‘Walk Away Today’ Plead Guilty
- CBP Partners with Timberland
- Leaflets over Qusayr, Syria
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month