Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - The Bureau of Reclamation announces the selection of three California water districts to receive $3 million total in Agricultural Water Conservation and Efficiency grants for Fiscal Year 2016. The grants, combined with local cost share contributions, total more than $6 million slated for water management improvement projects to be implemented during the next two years.
Consumer Reports Finds: Nearly One-Third of Americans Experiencing Price Hikes for Meds; Pricey Pills Impacting Retirement Plans, Family Life, Overall Health
Washington, DC - As pharma and insurance company behemoths lock horns in a battle over profits, Consumer Reports finds consumers are reeling from the rampant rise in drug prices. Nearly one-third of Americans polled by Consumer Reports said they had experienced a drug price hike in the past year, shelling out a total of $2 billion more for a drug they routinely take.
Washington, DC - U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Head of International Affairs Myron Brilliant released the following statement on the news that the updated text of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Agreement is being presented to the EU’s Member States:
Washington, DC - On Friday, June 24, President Obama designated the Stonewall National Monument – the first national monument dedicated to telling the story of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community’s struggle for equal rights. In this week’s address, the President talked about the importance of preserving and sharing this significant part of the American story.
Washington, DC - President Obama today will take part in the 7th annual Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES) at Stanford University in Silicon Valley, California, which will feature new commitments to promote entrepreneurship as a driver for economic growth, social inclusion, and secure communities.
Washington, DC - President Barack Obama: "The people of the United Kingdom have spoken, and we respect their decision. The special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom is enduring, and the United Kingdom’s membership in NATO remains a vital cornerstone of U.S. foreign, security, and economic policy.
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- Governor Brown Appoints Two to Orange County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Seven to Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Michele M. Castillo to Ventura County Superior Court
- Governor Brown Appoints Craig B. Van Rooyen to San Luis Obispo County Superior Court
Most Popular News
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Harvey Milk Day