Imperial Valley News
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 23:48
- Written by CDFW
Sacramento, California - The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has launched an improved online Fishing Guide to help novice and experienced anglers plan successful fishing trips. The new guide is faster and provides detailed information about fish plants and fishing locations.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 23:35
- Written by FBI
Sacramento, California - On the evening of May 7, 2013, David S. Silva passed away in Bakersfield, California. Following his passing, allegations were raised that members of the Kern County Sheriff’s Office who encountered Silva that evening may have applied unreasonable force in subduing him.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 23:32
- Written by Border Scope
Sacramento, California - Friday, Alberto Faragia Garcia, 31, and Carla Mariela Torres Garcia, 30, who were wanted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, were extradited to Kern County, California to face charges filed by the Kern County District Attorney’s Office.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 23:04
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The same phenomenon that causes a bumpy airplane ride, turbulence, may be the solution to a long-standing mystery about stars’ birth, or the absence of it, according to a new study using data from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory.
Napa, Solano County Residents to Receive Federal Individual, Household Aid Following South Napa Earthquake
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 22:51
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Today the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced that the Major Disaster declaration for the South Napa earthquake will also include the Individuals and Households Program under the Stafford Act. This amendment makes assistance available to help homeowners and renters recover from the earthquake.
Consumer Reports 2014 Annual Auto Reliability Survey Finds Infotainment Systems are a Growing First-Year Reliability Plague
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 22:33
- Written by IVN
Detroit, Michigan - Multi-function, cross-linked infotainment systems and the associated in-car electronics are a growing reliability plague for many brands, according to Consumer Reports 2014 Annual Reliability Survey.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 22:24
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - U.S. manufacturing is central to the foundation of our economy, and the U.S. manufacturing sector is as competitive as it has been in decades for new jobs and investment. Since February 2010, U.S. manufacturing has added more than 700,000 jobs, the fastest pace of job growth since the 1990s.
- Created on Monday, 27 October 2014 21:18
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Secretary of State John Kerry: "I congratulate the people of Botswana on their successful national parliamentary elections. International observers have declared the election free, fair, and transparent. I commend all Batswana who turned out in overwhelming numbers to participate in your eleventh parliamentary election since independence in 1966.
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- CDFA developing the Dairy Digester Research and Development Program
- Imperial Irrigation District schedules public legal program on issues facing district, ratepayers
- U.S. - Bangladesh Partnership Dialogue
- Governor Brown, Senate President pro Tempore De León and Tom Steyer to Highlight State's Prop. 39 Clean Energy Investment in Schools
- International Journalists Arrive on Edward R. Murrow Exchange Program to Explore U.S. Democracy and Media Best Practices
- Ukraine's Parliamentary Elections
- Elections in Brazil
- Marketers Agree to Settle FTC Charges They Deceived Small Businesses Into Buying Credit/Debit Card Processing Services
- Aging Americans owe billions for unpaid student loans