Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 15 August 2012 10:42
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - The popularity of cheerleading continues to rise as record numbers of cheerleaders and cheer squads attend Universal Cheerleaders Association Championship events, up almost 10 percent from last year.
- Created on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 15:04
- Written by Emil Venere
West Lafayette, Indiana - Researchers have developed a design tool that enables people to create three-dimensional objects with their bare hands by using a depth-sensing camera and advanced software algorithms to interpret hand movements and gestures.
- Created on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 14:56
- Written by IVN
Beijing, China - Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy R. Sherman and Chinese Vice Foreign Minister Zhai Jun on August 14 held the inaugural round of U.S.-China Middle East Dialogue in Beijing, as agreed to at the fourth round of the Strategic and Economic Dialogue in May.
- Created on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 14:48
- Written by FTC
Washington, DC - Have you purchased Disney- or Marvel Hero-themed vitamins for your kids during the last few years – vitamins that featured characters such as the Disney Princesses, Winnie the Pooh, Finding Nemo, and Spider-Man? If so, the Federal Trade Commission wants you to know that you may be due a refund.
- Created on Tuesday, 14 August 2012 12:57
- Written by IVN
San Francisco, California - September 29, 2012 marks the second annual global event of 100 Thousand Poets for Change, a grassroots organization that brings poets, artists and musicians (new this year) together to call for environmental, social, and political change, within the framework of peace and sustainability.
- Created on Monday, 13 August 2012 18:20
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - As record high temperatures continue to broil most of the state, firefighters throughout California continue to work hard to bring several wildfires under control. Today, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. secured federal financial assistance to help ensure availability of vital resources to extinguish the Wye Fire Complex of wildfires burning in Lake County.
- Created on Monday, 13 August 2012 18:08
- Written by IVN
Imperial, California - Researchers may have discovered a new method to predict solar flares more than a day before they occur, providing advance warning to help protect satellites, power grids and astronauts from potentially dangerous radiation.
- Created on Monday, 13 August 2012 18:05
- Written by Green Liver
Stateline, Nevada - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today used the occasion of the annual Tahoe Summit to launch a new website, Climate Change: Just The Facts, that documents the dangerous effects of global warming and calls on those who still deny its existence to “wake up and honestly face the facts."
- Utilizing former presidents in campaign plays to strengths
- What the FTC's Google case means for your company
- U.S. Department of State Announces Fulbright-mtvU Fellowship Winners
- Schools Are Using Synthetic Turf To Add Value To Sports Facilities
- How To Choose And Pay For College
- Great Louisiana Seafood
- This Autumn’s Designer Must-Haves For Less
- Easy Everyday Stuffing - Recipes Matter
- UCLA scientist discovers plate tectonics on Mars
- Children of U.S.-born Latinas more likely to get retina cancer