Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 18:01
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - United States Attorney Laura E. Duffy announced that Simon Saeid Koli entered a guilty plea in federal court in San Diego to count one of an indictment charging him and co-defendant Kian Ashkanizadeh with conspiracy to commit mail fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering in connection with a mortgage fraud scheme involving four expensive homes on Triton Street in Carlsbad, California.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:59
- Written by Border Scope
San Diego, California - United States Attorney Laura E. Duffy announced the filing of a complaint charging Hector Rodriguez, a Customs and Border Protection Officer; Gerardo Rodriguez; and Vanessa Moya with conspiracy to bring in aliens for financial gain and to receive bribes and bringing in illegal aliens for financial gain.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:55
- Written by FBI
Washington, DC - Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York; Janice K. Fedarcyk, the Assistant Director in Charge of the New York Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); Raymond W. Kelly, the Police Commissioner of the City of New York (NYPD); and Robert Doar, the Commissioner of the New York City Human Resources Administration (HRA), announced the unsealing of charges against 48 defendants for their participation in a massive fraud scheme involving the unlawful diversion and trafficking of hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of prescription drugs that had previously been dispensed to Medicaid recipients
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:51
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Andrew Lucas, of Bakersfield, was sentenced to one year and one day in prison by Chief United States District Judge Anthony W. Ishii for accepting a bribe while a public official, United States Attorney Benjamin B. Wagner announced.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 17:36
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 13:02
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the American Association of Museums, announced today the selection of ten new projects as part of the Museums Connect program. Museums Connect links U.S. communities with communities around the world through innovative, museum-based exchanges.
- Created on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 12:41
- Written by Purdue University
Imperial, California - Frequent abuse by a parent can increase a child's cancer risk in adulthood, and the effects are especially significant when mothers abuse their daughters and fathers abuse their sons, according to new research from Purdue University.
- Glyphosate-resistant 'superweeds' may be less susceptible to diseases
- White House Advanced Manufacturing Initiatives
- Statement by President Obama on Extending Health Coverage to Federal Firefighters
- Labeling Company's Textile Products as 'Flax' Would Comply with FTC Textile Rules
- Effort Promotes Responsible Drinking
- Surprising Ways To Add To Your Savings
- Warning Lights Send Messages You Can’t Ignore
- Protect Your Smartphone From Everyday Life
- Hot Flashes And Summer: Tips For Beating The Heat
- Just Desserts - Chocolate Change-Up