Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 19:07
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments:
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 19:05
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Michael H. Posner hosted representatives of civil society organizations, think tanks, and multilateral and academic institutions for a workshop on the United Nations (UN) Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 19:01
- Written by Annette Whiteford, California State Veterinarian
Sacramento, California - An unfortunate annual event occurred last week - for the first time in 2012, a horse in California was found to have west Nile virus. The two-year old filly from Stanislaus County wasn’t vaccinated and had to be euthanized.
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 18:59
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today unveiled a new tool that will help scientists improve the quality of data collected and used to protect consumers from pathogen-related risks in food and water. The tool, a Microbial Risk Assessment (MRA) Guideline, was jointly developed with EPA as a public health collaborative project.
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 18:57
- Written by Lesley Fair
Washington, DC - “I just want to say one word to you, Benjamin. Plastics.” During the cocktail party scene in the classic movie “The Graduate,” that’s the advice Ben Braddock got for mapping out his future. It wasn’t such a bad tip after all since so much stuff - including the pocket money we use for day-to-day expenditures - has gone plastic.
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 17:58
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - Executive Order - Authorizing Additional Sanctions With Respect To Iran:
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 17:53
- Written by Vice President Joe Biden
Washington, DC - Vice President Joe Biden: I've spent a lot of years in Washington, and in the past, I had always found that even when partisanship was at its worst, there were still certain issues that rose above the normal course of politics. These days, unfortunately, even that precept is being challenged.
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 08:52
- Written by NAPSI
San Diego, California (NAPSI) - For injured service members, overcoming the physical and emotional challenges of adjusting to life post-war is a test of strength that must be faced every day.
- Mayim Bialik Wants To Make Math And Science Count
- Tell When Your Home Needs A New Roof
- Be Clean And Green
- Program Certifies Veterans For Careers In IT
- San Diego Chargers sign former San Diego State quarterback Kevin O'Connell
- Riverside County Man Sentenced to 10 Years for Participating in a Child Pornography File Sharing Network
- Two Southern California Men Arrested for Fraud and Aggravated Identity Theft
- California UBS Clients Sentenced to Prison for Hiding Asssets in Secret Bank Accounts Around the World
- FTC Action Halts Dominican Mortgage Assistance Scam That Allegedly Defrauded Spanish Speaking U.S. Homeowners
- Protection of Consumers Who Use General Purpose Reloadable Cards Supported