Imperial Valley News
- Created on Monday, 25 June 2012 21:18
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced the following appointments:
- Created on Monday, 25 June 2012 21:15
- Written by Imperial Valley News
San Diego, California - Climb through the trees in a brand-new aerial adventure at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Jungle Ropes Safari allows guests to climb a rope path through a small tree forest, seeing the surrounding vistas through the canopy. Three different courses are available, allowing guests to have a new experience with each visit. The more than 30 challenges available include rope bridges, ladders and swinging elements.
- Created on Monday, 25 June 2012 21:11
- Written by AMAC
Bohemia, New York - "So-called Washington DC professionals have tackled the issue of health care reform and have failed miserably. It's time for real health care pros to put in their two-cents worth," said Dan Weber, president of the Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Created on Monday, 25 June 2012 21:07
- Written by Border Scope
Washington, DC - I am pleased that the Supreme Court has struck down key provisions of Arizona's immigration law. What this decision makes unmistakably clear is that Congress must act on comprehensive immigration reform. A patchwork of state laws is not a solution to our broken immigration system - it’s part of the problem.
- Created on Sunday, 24 June 2012 20:56
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - A multidisciplinary team of researchers has found that human alpha-defensin 6 (HD6) - a key component of the body's innate defense system - binds to microbial surfaces and forms "nanonets" that surround, entangle and disable microbes, preventing bacteria from attaching to or invading intestinal cells.
- Created on Sunday, 24 June 2012 20:54
- Written by Enrique Rivero
Los Angeles, California - Non-breastfed babies born to HIV-positive mothers who didn't receive antiretroviral therapy during pregnancy are routinely given zidovudine, commonly known as AZT, shortly after birth to prevent mother-to-child transmission of the virus that causes AIDS.
- Created on Sunday, 24 June 2012 20:23
- Written by FBI
Washington, DC - Veteran District of Columbia defense attorney Charles F. Daum, 66, of Arnold, Maryland, was found guilty Friday of one count of conspiracy to obstruct justice, three counts of obstruction of justice, and two counts of subornation of perjury, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division; Chief Cathy L. Lanier of the Washington, D.C., Metropolitan Police Department; and James W. McJunkin, Assistant Director in Charge of the FBI’s Washington Field Office.
- Created on Sunday, 24 June 2012 20:20
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - Special agents with the FBI this morning arrested the mayor of the city of Cudahy, a member of the Cudahy City Council, and the head of the city’s Code Enforcement Division on federal bribery charges.
- Add Life With Healthful Recipes
- Teething Tips for Parents
- Thinking Outside The Cube
- Smartphone Safety
- Irresistible Twist on Lunchbox Favorites
- Congress Must Act on Transportation Bill and Student Loans
- President Obama Reflects on the Impact of Title IX
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- Congressman Filner Celebrates 40th Anniversary of Title IX
- EducationUSA Forum 2012 Hosts Leaders in U.S. Higher Education