Imperial Valley News
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 14:28
- Written by Carla Collado-Martinez
Los Angeles, California - In its fourth and final quarterly report of 2013, the UCLA Anderson Forecast asserts that the national economy is growing despite the self-inflicted wounds of the 16-day federal government shutdown and the effects of the botched rollout of the Affordable Care Act's insurance marketplace on the health care sector, which accounts for 18 percent of the economy.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 14:24
- Written by Shaun Mason
Los Angeles, California - UCLA researchers have discovered how prostate cancer stem cells evolve as the disease progresses, a finding that could help point the way to more highly targeted therapies.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 14:21
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - While most Americans shop for holiday gifts and break out festive decorations, a team of 18 researchers will spend their holiday season at sea, using underwater robots to explore the extreme habitats of life under the sea crust.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 13:42
- Written by Jennifer Chu
Cambridge, Massachusetts - For the past three decades, as the climate has warmed, the massive plates of sea ice in the Arctic Ocean have shrunk: In 2007, scientists observed nearly 50 percent less summer ice than had been seen in 1980.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 13:17
- Written by Tim Comerford
Arlington, Virginia - Naval History and Heritage Command's (NHHC) two youngest Sailors honored the veterans of the attack on Pearl Harbor with a wreath laying ceremony, sponsored by the Naval Order of the United States, at Arlington National Cemetery's Tomb of the Unknowns, December 7.
- Created on Saturday, 07 December 2013 09:20
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, President Obama said that before Congress leaves for vacation, they should extend unemployment benefits for 1.3 million hardworking Americans who will lose this lifeline at the end of the year. For families, unemployment benefits can mean the difference between hardship and catastrophe, and it is also one of the most effective ways to boost our economy. This holiday season, Congress should do the right thing for the American people and make it easier for our economy to keep growing and adding jobs.
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 20:07
- Written by IVN
Sydney, Australia - The American Red Cross has been re-elected to a second four-year term as a member of the Governing Board of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
- Created on Friday, 06 December 2013 20:05
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - A Tacoma, Washington gang member was sentenced today to 13 years in prison for his role in a violent, take-over style bank robbery ring, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan. Anthony V. Mosley, 46, joined with six other defendants in a series of bank robberies in Washington, Ohio, and Michigan. Sometimes, Mosley was the getaway driver; sometimes he was in the robbery team threatening and demanding money in the banks.
- Valley Bandit Linked to Eight Robberies Over Past Year in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley
- Information Technology Specialist at National Science Foundation Pleads Guilty to Stealing $90,000 from Government
- NASA Highlights Mars, Ozone Hole, and the Sun at American Geophysical Union
- Washington Firm Recalls Chicken Noodle Soup
- Canada Firm Recalls Prosciutto Ham Product for Possible Listeria Monocytogenes Contamination
- Unearthing a History of the Holocaust in Hungary
- Border Patrol finds weapons, narcotics, magazines and ammunition
- Governor Brown Issues Proclamation Declaring Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
- 2013 Secretary's Award for Corporate Excellence Finalists Selected
- USDA Food Safety Tips for Areas Affected by Severe Storms