Imperial Valley News
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 20:57
- Written by Border Scope
Westmorland, California - U.S. Border Patrol agents assigned to the Indio station apprehended a convicted sex offender yesterday at the Highway 86 checkpoint.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 20:53
- Written by ICE
Washington, DC - The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) led nationwide enforcement operation dubbed 'Operation Red Zone' came to an end Feb. 6 and the results were record-breaking. The operation, which began Sept. 1, 2012, netted 196,333 items including fake jerseys, ball caps, T-shirts, jackets and other souvenirs.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 20:41
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Mecca, California - Assemblymember Ben Hueso, (D-San Diego) chair of the Assembly Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee, together with Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez (D-Coachella), held a state oversight hearing on the topic of Salton Sea restoration. The public hearing entitled "The Salton Sea: Current Efforts and Future Opportunities," focused on state and federal roles, air quality issues and stakeholder perspectives.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 20:34
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Mobile device manufacturer HTC America has agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that the company failed to take reasonable steps to secure the software it developed for its smartphones and tablet computers, introducing security flaws that placed sensitive information about millions of consumers at risk.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 19:52
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of Agriculture is issuing recommendations to help minimize the potential for foodborne illnesses in the wake of the winter snow storm that brought heavy snow and ice to the Midwestern United States and could leave communities without power.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 19:46
- Written by AMAC
Imperial, California - "President Obama is sticking it to seniors yet again by cutting Medicare Advantage funding," according to Dan Weber, president of the Association of Mature American Citizens.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 09:12
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Any time of year can be the right time to take a fresh look at the contribution that volunteers make to an organization.
- Created on Friday, 22 February 2013 09:10
- Written by NAPSI
Long Beach, California (NAPSI) - Olympic athletes train intensely, study the game and push their bodies to the limit. The same skills and discipline serve them well when they turn their eyes on another prize: the Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race. More than a dozen Olympians have participated since the event’s inception in 1977, including gold medalists Carl Lewis, Misty May- Treanor, Mary Lou Retton, Dara Torres and Bruce Jenner.
- Hope For Homeowners Facing Foreclosure
- New Take On Raising Money For A New Car
- The Small Business Owner In All Of Us
- Former California Assemblyman Admits Defrauding Banks out of $193,661 by Falsely Claiming to be Identity Theft Victim
- Vicksburg Mayor Paul Winfield Arrested, Faces Federal Bribery Charge
- CBP Officers at East Port Seize 37 Pounds of Cocaine from a 28-Year-Old Mexican Citizen
- U.S. Border Patrol Agents Intercept Nearly 400 Pounds of Marijuana
- Sacramento businessman sentenced to more than 24 years on child pornography and sex tourism charges
- ICE and CBP announce charges linked to major commercial fraud enterprise
- Opioids drive continued increase in drug overdose deaths