Imperial Valley News
President Obama Visits Cooperstown to Highlight Travel and Tourism that is Growing our Economy and Creating Jobs
- Created on Thursday, 22 May 2014 10:34
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - As a part of his Year of Action, the President is using the power of his pen and phone wherever he can on behalf of the American people to create jobs and help hardworking Americans get ahead. The President will travel to Cooperstown, New York to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame - an economic engine in upstate New York.
- Created on Thursday, 22 May 2014 10:25
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Secretary of State John Kerry: "I am disappointed by the decision of the Thai military to suspend the constitution and take control of the government after a long period of political turmoil, and there is no justification for this military coup.
- Created on Thursday, 22 May 2014 10:13
- Written by Glenn Mollette
Washington, DC - Memorial Day is a time to remember the men and women who have died serving our country. This special day is not the only time we should remember them but the holiday underscores the importance of having a time to revere and respect people who are sacred to our country. They are our heroes who are buried across America. They left home to go to hostile places and laid down their lives for us.
FTC Testifies on Patent Assertion Entities and Legislation to Prohibit Deceptive Patent Demand Letters
- Created on Thursday, 22 May 2014 10:09
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - The Federal Trade Commission testified on consumer protection issues involving patent demand letters, patent assertion entities (PAEs), and proposed legislation to prohibit deceptive patent demand letters.
- Created on Thursday, 22 May 2014 09:46
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg
Washington, DC - Spurred by stories of mistreatment and discrimination, the Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC United) is determined to fight for the rights of restaurant workers. This non-profit organization has rallied 13,000 restaurant workers, 100 influential employers, and thousands of consumers across the United States to focus on raising restaurant industry standards.
- Created on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 22:11
- Written by IVN
- Created on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 22:08
- Written by American Red Cross
Washington, DC - Angelina Jolie today made a $50,000 donation to the Red Cross flood relief efforts in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia.
President of Higher Education Software Provider Pleads Guilty to Conspiring to Hack into Competitors’ Computer Systems
- Created on Wednesday, 21 May 2014 21:41
- Written by USDOJ
Washington, DC - The president and chief executive officer of Virginia-based Symplicity Corporation pleaded guilty today to conspiring to hack into the computer systems of two competitors to improve his company’s software development and sales strategy.
- Cyber-financial fraud investigation nets numerous arrests in South Africa, Canada, US
- ICE announces arrest of 71 individuals for sexual exploitation crimes against children in 'Operation Caireen'
- 2014 Farm Bill Expands Crop Insurance Options, Provides Premium Discounts for Qualified Operations
- NASA Signs Agreement with Citizen Scientists Attempting to Communicate with Old Spacecraft
- President Obama statement on Veterans Health Care
- Keep Calexico Clean Campaign - Volunteers Sought
- Who is walking who? Dog lovers on the move for their canines
- Fulbright Students From 42 Countries Convene in Seattle To Explore Solutions to Challenges Facing Global Energy and the Environment
- Secretary of State John Kerry To Deliver Remarks at the 90th Anniversary of the United States Foreign Service
- What’s a 4-letter word for “FTC advice for derelict debt collectors”?