Imperial Valley News
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 17:50
- Written by IVN
Dallas, Texas - American Heart Association CEO Nancy Brown issued the following comments on the British Medical Journal study that shows some positive health effects following the reduction of sodium in the food supply.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 17:45
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Scientists have traced vulnerability to depression-like behaviors in mice to out-of-balance electrical activity inside neurons of the brain’s reward circuit and experimentally reversed it - but there’s a twist.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 17:13
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Scientists have identified two unlikely partners in a type of immune cell called a macrophage that work together in response to cancer drugs to increase inflammation in a way that may alter tumor growth. Researchers from the National Institutes of Health published the study in the journal Cancer Research.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 16:48
- Written by Ginger Plumbo
Palo Alto, California - Better, a consumer health start-up, and Mayo Clinic have launched a new way for people to navigate the complexity of the healthcare system simply and quickly. Through a mobile device, Better provides tailored Mayo Clinic health information, 24/7 access to the clinic's experienced and highly-skilled nurses, and a Better Personal Health Assistant who helps simplify and manage people's care so they can use their time to focus on being well.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 16:43
- Written by Kevin Punsky
Jacksonville, Florida - Is medicine as safe and effective as surgery or stenting in preventing a stroke caused by the buildup of plaque in the carotid artery? Thomas G. Brott, M.D., a neurologist at Mayo Clinic in Florida, aims to find out.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 07:34
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Salton City, California - Yesterday, at approximately 5:50pm, Imperial County Sheriff’s Deputies were involved in an officer involved shooting during a traffic stop on Highway 86 in the Salton City area of the County.
- Created on Saturday, 19 April 2014 07:31
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, the President offered his warmest greetings as millions of Americans celebrate Easter this Sunday and recounted the Passover Seder he hosted at the White House earlier this week, joining Jewish families around the world in their celebration. The President looks forward to taking part with his family in the hope and joy of the Easter season and reminds all Americans, no matter their faith, of the common thread that binds us.
- From Wounded Warrior To Successful Federal Employee
- Delicious Dishes For Those With (Or Without) Diabetes
- Your Next Doctor’s Visit May Include Questions About Alcohol Use
- Streamline Your Studies With A Personalized, Online MBA
- Learn Why Millions Apply Online For Social Security
- FBI Warns U.S. Students Traveling Abroad: Don’t Be a Pawn
- Andrade CBP Officers Discover More than 2,200 Xanax Pills Concealed Inside Man’s Underwear
- ICE pays tribute to victims and survivors of Rwandan Genocide
- USDA Awards Grants for New School Food Service Equipment to Help Schools Dish Up Healthy Meals
- NASA Completes LADEE Mission with Planned Impact on Moon's Surface