Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 20:12
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - Scientists, using cameras aboard NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), have created the largest high resolution mosaic of our moon’s north polar region. The six-and-a-half feet (two-meters)-per-pixel images cover an area equal to more than one-quarter of the United States.
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 20:02
- Written by CDC
Washington, DC - On Monday, March 10, a Drexel University student tragically died from serogroup B meningococcal disease. CDC’s laboratory analysis shows that the strain in Princeton University’s serogroup B meningococcal disease outbreak matches the strain in the Drexel University case by “genetic fingerprinting.”
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 17:36
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - Town Hall With University Students and Remarks on "Making Foreign Policy Less Foreign":
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 17:18
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - In the first initiative of its kind, an American zoo is partnering with an Australian university to save the Tasmanian devil in the wild. San Diego Zoo Global and the University of Sydney have joined together in a unique collaboration designed to assist the rare marsupial through reintroduction and careful management of a disease-free population. Tasmanian devils have become increasingly threatened in the wild by the spread of a fatal cancer.
Chargers Champions offering $250,000 in grants to local schools for physical fitness, nutrition and athletic programs
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 17:10
- Written by Sports News Southwest
San Diego, California - Students and parents can help bring much-needed funds to their schools by urging principals, teachers and coaches to apply for $250,000 in Chargers Champions grants to support physical fitness, nutrition and athletic programs on campus.
U.S.-China Climate Change Working Group and Ten-Year Framework for Energy and Environment Cooperation Meetings
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 17:05
- Written by Green Liver
Washington, DC - A delegation of senior Chinese officials is in Washington March 17-18 for bilateral meetings with Administration officials on climate change and other environmental issues.
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:23
- Written by Lesley Fair - FTC
Washington, DC - Good news? About funerals? That’s not a headline you read every day. But the results of the FTC’s latest undercover inspections to check if funeral homes are complying with the Funeral Rule yielded some positive results – and sounded cautionary notes for some members of the industry.
- Created on Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:20
- Written by San Diego Newscape
San Diego, California - Now is the time for all potential Charger Girls to begin preparations for open auditions on Sunday, April 6 at the University of San Diego’s Jenny Craig Pavilion.
- Cal OES Partners with Save Our Water to Launch 'Californians Don't Waste' Campaign
- Smartphone to become smarter with 'deep learning' innovation
- USS Kidd Completes Andaman Sea Search; Detached from SAR Efforts
- New System To Help Students Ace The AP Exams
- Treating Sleep Apnea Without Medication
- Enlightening Educators
- Movement Analysis: A Step In The Right Direction
- Tips And Tools For Your Spring Cleanup
- El Centro Sector Border Patrol Thwarts Smuggling Attempt of Methamphetamine
- Calexico CBP Officers Discovered Methamphetamine Worth $143,000 Concealed in a Vehicle