Imperial Valley News
Honda Accord Hybrid Delivers Class-Leading Fuel Economy, but Falls Well Short of EPA’s 47 MPG Estimate
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 18:04
- Written by Consumer Reports
Imperial, California - Consumer Reports fuel economy tests found the Honda Accord Hybrid delivered impressive overall fuel-economy, tying the smaller Honda Civic Hybrid and just below the top-performing Toyota Prius hatchback.
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 17:28
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - Legislation authored by state Senator Ben Hueso and co-authored by Assemblyman V. Manuel Pérez that calls for the three investor-owned utilities in California to procure 500 megawatts of new geothermal energy generation over the next 10 years cleared the Senate yesterday and will next be taken up by the Assembly.
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 17:19
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - State Assemblymember V. Manuel Pérez reports that his bill AB 1771 ensuring that doctor-patient telephone consultations are covered by health insurance passed the State Assembly today on a bipartisan vote of 61-0.
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 15:27
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - In response to requests from stakeholders, the Federal Trade Commission has extended the deadline for the public to submit comments on proposed changes to its Fuel Rating Rule. The deadline to submit comments will be extended from June 2, 2014, until July 2, 2014.
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 15:21
- Written by State Department
Tegucigalpa, Honduras - The United States and Honduras held the 4th round of the Bilateral Human Rights Working Group in Tegucigalpa today. The two sides discussed progress and challenges in the human rights situation in Honduras and reaffirmed their commitment to work together to protect and promote human rights.
Release of Papers Relating to the Foreign Relations of the United States, 1914, World War I, Supplement
- Created on Thursday, 29 May 2014 15:18
- Written by Office of the Historian
Washington, DC - The Department of State released today the newly digitized Papers Relating to the Foreign Relations of the United States, 1914, World War I, Supplement.
- Reward for Information on Kamchybek Kolbayev's Criminal Network
- We must change how we are raising our children
- FTC Wins Default and Contempt Judgments Against Text Spammer Phil Flora
- Commemoration of International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- Auto Lender Will Pay $5.5 Million to Settle FTC Charges It Harassed Consumers, Collected Amounts They Did Not Owe
- Former Foster Youth, Now College Graduate Shadows Congressman Vargas in Honor of Foster Care Month
- Drop in global malnutrition depends on ag productivity, climate change
- White House sports summit: Subconcussive blows damage kids' brains
- Attorney General Kamala D. Harris Issues Statement on the Death of Maya Angelou
- State Schools Chief Tom Torlakson Announces Release of $8 Million to Local Educational Agencies Under Proposition 39