Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 30 March 2014 09:13
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg ~ Food Tank
Washington, DC - This Monday, March 31st is Cesar Chavez Day. A day to honor Chavez an American farm worker, labor leader, educator, civil rights activist, founder of the United Farm Workers (UFW), and hero.
- Created on Sunday, 30 March 2014 09:08
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - "On March 30, the Republic of the Philippines submitted a memorial filing in its arbitration case concerning competing claims in the South China Sea. The United States reaffirms its support for the exercise of peaceful means to resolve maritime disputes without fear of any form of retaliation, including intimidation or coercion.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 15:34
- Written by AHA
Washington, DC - The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association announced its support today for legislation aimed at improving palliative care services for patients with serious illness. A scientific statement in the association’s Stroke journal, also published today, reinforces these efforts and describes for the first time the fundamental palliative care needs of stroke survivors and their families.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 15:29
- Written by APA
Washington, DC - Military men who are targets of frightening and threatening sexual harassment may experience more distress and work performance problems than military women who face the same treatment, according to research published by the American Psychological Association.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 14:40
- Written by American College of Cardiology
Washington, DC - Patients who attended cardiac rehabilitation and used a smartphone-based app to record daily measurements such as weight and blood pressure had greater improvements in those cardiovascular risk factors; they also were less likely to be readmitted to the hospital within 90 days of discharge, compared with patients who only attended cardiac rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic researchers found.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 14:32
- Written by Todd B. Nippoldt, M.D.
Rochester, Minnesota - Aside from making healthy lifestyle choices and addressing medication side effects or untreated medical conditions, there’s little you can do to naturally boost your testosterone level.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 08:16
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - In this week’s address, Vice President Biden discusses the importance of raising the federal minimum wage. It’s good for workers, it’s good for business, and it would help close the gender pay gap, as women make up more than half of the workers who stand to benefit from a raise. And as the Vice President highlights, Congress should boost the federal minimum wage because it is what a majority of the American people want.
- Created on Saturday, 29 March 2014 08:14
- Written by NAPSI
Washington, DC (NAPSI) - The Guard is a component of the Army that is composed of men and women who serve their country, state and community on a part-time basis. These Citizen-Soldiers sons, daughters, students, neighbors tend to hold civilian jobs or attend college when not serving and training.
- Software That Takes A Social Media Approach To Solving IT Problems
- Understanding Lung Cancer
- Conversations That Can Create Future Peace Of Mind
- Trending Today: Mixing Opposite Elements
- Measles Count Reaches 49 in California
- FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitive Juan Elias Garcia Now in Custody
- San Diego Real Estate Agent and Former Account Executive of a Lending Institution Sentenced to Prison for Conspiring to Commit a Massive Mortgage Fraud
- Murietta Man Who Duped Struggling Homeowners into Handing Over Their Homes to Him Pleads Guilty to Tax and Bankruptcy Fraud
- CBP Officers Foil Attempts to Smuggle Marijuana, Methamphetamine
- Off-duty ICE deputy field office director saves family from car wreck