Imperial Valley News
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 18:28
- Written by AHA
Dallas, Texas - Following the American Heart Association’s Life’s Simple 7 steps to reduce your risk for heart disease can also help prevent cancer, according to new research in the American Heart Association journal Circulation.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 18:03
- Written by IVN
San Diego, California - Thousands of Aztecs for Life will come together on Saturday, March 23, for Explore SDSU: Open House. The free, all-campus event is an opportunity to see what life at San Diego State University is all about. It features an information fair, academic workshops, student life experiences, academic tours and open houses.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 17:57
- Written by Amy Patterson Neubert
West Lafayette, Indiana - In order to avoid the risk of unnecessarily scaring children, elementary schools emphasizing tornado safety this spring should focus more on simple safety steps and less on a tornado's potential for devastation, says a Purdue University expert.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 17:54
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - As the nation and California prepare to celebrate their annual Ag days (March 19 and 20), the produce blog The Perishable Pundit has issued a special edition with a series of reports on school salad bars. It highlights the United Fresh Produce Association’s campaign to increase their numbers, called Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 17:51
- Written by Greg McClure
West Lafayette, Indiana - A Purdue University veterinarian says parents should resist the urge to give live rabbits and chicks as Easter gifts.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 09:28
- Written by Danielle Nierenberg
Chicago, Illinois - March 22, 2013 is the 20th anniversary of World Water Day. Although about 70 percent of the earth’s surface is covered by water, only 0.001 percent is fresh and available for human consumption. The largest portion of this 70 percent is used for agriculture. Global agricultural water consumption is expected to increase by approximately 19 percent by 2050.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 09:02
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Mini steak tacos can be a grande idea, whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just enjoying a hearty, healthy meal with your family and friends.
- Created on Monday, 18 March 2013 09:00
- Written by Elizabeth M. Ward, M.S., R.D.
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - While fad diets come and go, often making it difficult to decide what to eat as part of a healthy lifestyle, a balanced diet never goes out of style.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Or Heart Attack: Know The Difference
- Should Congress End Special Treatment For Online-Only Retailers?
- Six Ways That Public Gardens Can Inspire You
- Deteriorating Situation in the Central African Republic
- Leading chefs to participate in UCLA's 'Science and Food' public events
- UCLA uses brain aneurysm treatment to stop irregular heart rhythms
- Red Cross Launches Online Volunteer Connection System
- Leading aging researchers and neurologists discuss new criteria for Alzheimer's diagnosis
- CDPH Lifts Extended Mussel Quarantine and Health Advisory for Humboldt and Del Norte Counties
- ICE rescues abducted child in cross-border parental kidnapping case