Imperial Valley News
Washington, DC - Today, Congressman Juan Vargas (CA-51) issued the following statement in honor of National Volunteer Week:
Signing of a Memorandum of Cooperation to Support the African Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
Washington, DC - Secretary of State John Kerry: Well, good morning, everybody, and a very warm welcome to all the members of our visiting delegation from the African Union, and particularly to the chair, Dr. Dlamini-Zuma – a number of familiar faces that I see here from our visit last April to Addis Ababa, and we’re delighted to welcome you back. And I look forward to a very productive exchange between our teams on the key topics that have been selected. I think it’s going to be very productive. And then, Madam Chair, you and I will have a chance to be able to have a bilat to summarize at the back end of this, and we appreciate that.
U.S. Departments of State, Commerce, and Transportation Seek Stakeholder Input on Gulf Carrier Subsidy Claims
Washington, DC - The U.S. Departments of State, Commerce, and Transportation are reviewing claims that three foreign airlines – Emirates Airline, Etihad Airways, and Qatar Airways - have received and are benefitting from subsidies from their respective governments of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Qatar that are distorting the global aviation market.
Sacramento, California - A video on the drought by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC):
FTC Approves Final Order Barring Misleading Claims about App’s Ability to Diagnose or Assess the Risk of Melanoma
Washington, DC - Following a public comment period, the Federal Trade Commission has approved a final consent order barring Health Discovery Corporation from making deceptive or unsupported claims that its app, MelApp, could help diagnose or assess consumers’ melanoma risk.
Washington, DC - Foreign Ministers Fabius, Steinmeier, Gentiloni, García-Margallo, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Hammond, and Secretary of State Kerry welcome the resumption of the Libyan political dialogue under the auspices of Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) Bernardino Leon in Morocco April 15 and the next meeting of the political parties in Algeria April 13.
- Nation's Second-Largest Nursing Home Pharmacy to Pay $9.25 Million to Settle Kickback Allegations
- ICE provides security support during historic Papal visit
- Nation's Ag Co-ops Set Records for Income and Revenue
- USDA Seeks Applications for $16.8 Million in Grants to Empower SNAP Participants to Make Healthy Eating Choices
- NASA Challenge Seeks Ways to Use Mars’ Natural Resources for Astronauts
Most Popular News
- The President and First Lady’s Call to Action on College Opportunity
- President Obama on the Confirmation of Sarah Saldaña as Director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Chicken Noodle Soup product recall
- Latin American authors reshaping world literature
- Powdered measles vaccine found safe in early clinical trials