Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 19:53
- Written by Enrique Rivero
Los Angeles, California - People with diabetes have about double the risk of premature death as people of the same age without diabetes. Studies also have shown that they have about twice the odds of suffering from depression, which further increases their mortality risk.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 17:51
- Written by Eddie North-Hager
Mexico City, Mexico - USC strengthened its ties with the government of Mexico during a recent visit by a delegation led by Mexican Secretary of Foreign Affairs Jose Antonio Meade.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 17:31
- Written by Rob Matheson
Cambridge, Massachusetts - While laptops continue to shrink in size and weight, the “power bricks” that charge them remain heavy and bulky. But now, MIT spinout FINsix has invented an adapter that’s roughly one-quarter the size and one-sixth the weight of a conventional brick, and just as efficient.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 17:29
- Written by Larry Hardesty
Cambridge, Massachusetts - Celebrated portrait photographers like Richard Avedon, Diane Arbus, and Martin Schoeller made their reputations with distinctive visual styles that sometimes required the careful control of lighting possible only in the studio.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 17:22
- Written by David L. Chandler
Cambridge, Massachusetts - Solar-cell technology has advanced rapidly, as hundreds of groups around the world pursue more than two dozen approaches using different materials, technologies, and approaches to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 17:19
- Written by Jennifer Chu
Imperial, California - For the past two summers, Australians have sweated through record heat waves, with thermometers climbing as high as 118 degrees Fahrenheit in parts of the country. In January, officials were forced to halt tennis matches during the Australian Open due to extreme heat - a decision made following several days of sizzling temperatures.
- Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 09:12
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Anyone who thinks there’s an app these days for everything but the kitchen sink is wrong. Now, your smartphone, tablet or computer can help you have a new kitchen sink, bathroom vanity, countertop and a whole lot more. With free online tools, it’s easy to design your dream kitchen or bath.
- Issues Motivate Tea Party Members
- After Your Move Getting Settled
- Mix It Up To Stay In Shape
- Make The Summer “Awesome” With Your Family
- Taking prescribed anti-clotting drug may help save stent patients’ lives
- Federal pain research database launched
- Celebrate National Cancer Survivors Day
- Alzheimer's disease: Anticipating end-of-life needs
- Obsessive Searching for Health Information: Cyberchondria
- Oxytocin: the social hormone is still experimental treatment