Imperial Valley News
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:22
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The United States has seen reports that 36 Iranian universities have banned women from 77 critical fields of study including engineering, education, and counseling. This decision represents a significant regression for women in Iran, who have outnumbered men in universities for over a decade, and will further restrict the ability of Iranian women to find employment.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 21:05
- Written by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Washington, DC - Hillary Rodham Clinton: "I was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Prime Minister Meles Zenawi of Ethiopia.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 20:52
- Written by Imperial Valley News
Sacramento, California - As wildfires threaten communities across the state, Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today secured approval from U.S. Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta to mobilize military troops and aircraft to fight fires under a single commander within the National Guard.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 19:43
- Written by IVN
West Lafayette, Indiana - Controlling the amount of oxygen that stem cells are exposed to can significantly increase the effectiveness of a procedure meant to combat an often fatal form of muscular dystrophy, according to Purdue University research.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 09:33
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Portable generators can be a powerful tool during a natural disaster or emergency. However, they can also be dangerous even deadly if not installed and operated safely.
- Created on Tuesday, 21 August 2012 09:32
- Written by NAPSI
Hollywood, California (NAPSI) - Did you know that GRAMMY® Award−winning music producer and American Idol judge Randy Jackson is one of the nearly 26 million Americans in the United States living with diabetes?
- Rare Opportunity To Prepare For Hurricane Season
- Department Of Labor Is Here To Help
- State and Regional Resources Support Efforts at Ponderosa Fire
- California’s Fire Battle Rages On
- Food Safety Efforts by California Cantaloupe Growers
- Disaster Recovery Rebuilding 7 years after Katrina
- Sensor detects glucose in saliva and tears for diabetes testing
- Governor Brown Announces Appointments
- California Secures Federal Financial Aid to Fight Ponderosa Fire in Tehama and Shasta Counties
- Rise of MS-13 Gang in Los Angeles and El Salvador Documented