Imperial Valley News
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 19:40
- Written by Border Scope
Washington, DC - U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced today an important milestone in our trade transformation efforts with the opening of the final three Centers of Excellence and Expertise (CEE) - Agriculture & Prepared Products in Miami, Apparel, Footwear & Textiles in San Francisco, and Consumer Products & Mass Merchandising in Atlanta.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 19:24
- Written by bORDER sCOPE
Washington, DC - The U.S. Department of the Treasury, with the assistance of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), designated six members of the notorious El Salvadoran gang Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) Wednesday.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 18:28
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - By comparing infrared and X-ray background signals across the same stretch of sky, an international team of astronomers has discovered evidence of a significant number of black holes that accompanied the first stars in the universe.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 18:23
- Written by CDC
Washington, DC - Listeria can cause serious infection in certain vulnerable groups, resulting in higher rates of hospitalization and death than most other bacteria commonly spread by contaminated food. A new Vital Signs report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention outlines the key groups particularly hard hit by listeria food poisoning.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 17:51
- Written by Green Liver
Washington, DC - Secretary of State John Kerry: "On World Environment Day, the United States proudly joins the community of nations in recognizing that the protection and sustainable use of our planet’s natural resources is fundamental to creating a safe, secure world for future generations.
Business, Civil Rights and Education Leaders Join Governor Brown in Final Push for More Equitable School Funding System
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 14:43
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today met with a broad coalition of business, civil rights and education leaders from across California to continue the call for action on his plan to direct additional resources to the state’s neediest students and restore local control over how money is spent in schools.
- Created on Wednesday, 05 June 2013 14:39
- Written by IVN
Sacramento, California - The California Latino Legislative Caucus today released the following statement from Senator Ricardo Lara (D-Los Angeles) and Vice Chair Assemblymember V. Manuel Perez (D-Coachella):
- FTC Approves Final Order Settling Charges that Bosley, Inc., Illegally Exchanged Competitively Sensitive Business Information With Hair Club
- Your Pre-College Checklist: Ten Tips to Help You Hit the Ground Running
- Imperial County Sheriff's Deputies arrest two in Winerhaven for armed home invasion robbery
- FTC Sues Payment Processor for Assisting Credit Card Debt Relief Scam
- FTC, CFPB Invite Public to Submit Questions During Debt Collection Roundtable
- 'Temporal cloaking' could bring more secure optical communications
- Warrant Officer Pleads Guilty to Theft of Government Property
- FBI and Local Law Enforcement Seek Public’s Help in Identifying Suspects in Three Violent, Takeover-Style Bank Robberies
- Border Patrol Agents Rescue Woman in the Desert Suffering from Dehydration
- Breaking into the Boys Club