Imperial Valley News
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 16:29
- Written by White House
Washington, DC - Over the past five years, the hard work and grit of the American people pulled our economy back from the brink of collapse. We are now moving forward again. But there is more work to do, and for decades opportunity has lagged behind for some, including millions of boys and young men of color. Boys of color are too often born into poverty and live with a single parent. And while their gains contributed to the national high school graduation rate reaching an all-time high, in some school districts dropout rates remain high.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 16:26
- Written by IVN
Washington, DC - In the wake of the tragic shootings in Isla Vista near the University of California, Santa Barbara last week, U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) today announced that she will be introducing legislation soon to help provide families and close associates of a potentially dangerous person with new options to help prevent gun violence.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 14:33
- Written by Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary
Sacramento, California - Karen Ross, California Agriculture Secretary: "Recently, I had the privilege of taking part in a tour of several housing centers for our state’s migrant farmworkers hosted by the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 14:19
- Written by Border Scope
Blythe, California - Yuma Sector Border Patrol agents arrested one man and seized 47 pounds of methamphetamine yesterday.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 13:20
- Written by John Grimaldi
Washington, DC - "The liberals have a new way to attack conservatives on health care issues-they accuse them of using the VA scandals and the specter of rationing as political maneuvers," according to advocate for the elderly, Dan Weber.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 09:04
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - While many people turn to prescription drugs to try to control migraines once they start, there aren’t any that are terribly effective and none that will stop the migraines before they happen. There is, however, another option and it doesn’t involve taking medication.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 09:01
- Written by NAPSI
Palm Springs, California (NAPSI) - If you are an older adult, exercise is one of the best things you can do for your physical and mental health. According to the Centers for Disease Control, older adults should exercise for 150 minutes a week, with a good mix of cardio and strength training. Unfortunately, many people don’t get enough exercise to keep them healthy and strong as they age.
- Created on Friday, 30 May 2014 08:58
- Written by NAPSI
Imperial, California (NAPSI) - Good news for travelers: As more and more families are discovering, vacation rentals can offer twice the space at half the price of a hotel room and are easier to book now than ever. That may be one reason, according to the global travel market firm PhoCusWright, online bookings of vacation rentals increased from 12 percent in 2007 to 24 percent in 2012.
- Making A Connection Between Your Pet And Your Date
- Explore Backup Power Options For Hurricane And Summer Storm Season
- California's June Primary: Frequently Asked Questions
- California Department of Education and State Board of Education Issue Joint Statement on Class Action Lawsuit
- CDFW Completes 2014 Waterfowl Breeding Population Survey
- Young and Seasonal Workers
- Intel Puts Automotive Innovation into High Gear
- El Centro Sector Border Patrol Uncovers Hidden Vehicle Compartment Filled with Methamphetamine
- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack statement on Updated Forecast for U.S. Agricultural Exports
- NASA Saucer-Shaped Test Vehicle Flight in Hawaii Scheduled